Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dark Souls II
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2014, 22:21 

A temporary workaround for this is to disable the HUD fix (uncheck the box). All the menus and loading screens will be stretched and the health/stamina/souls meters will be on the outer screens as well, but its worth it IMO to be able to run 5760x1080... I would imagine Hayden will be addressing it soon. :rockout:

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2014, 22:42 

The fix works great but, is there a way to make it so windowed mode works like a borderless window? using a 5:4 resolution here (1280 x 1024) and i cant get rid of the window borders

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2014, 00:04 

Skid wrote:
Labertaler wrote:
Any Help with my Issue? 1440x900 .. and i still have Letterbox with the Fix .. im not even sure if it works ... since i cant select the new Windowed Resolution .. or anything

Don't be impatient, it's been less then a day before you first posted. To answer your question, the fix is designed to fix aspect ratios BEYOND 16:9 not lower then, your monitor is 16:10, which is a lower aspect ratio.

is there any plans for 16:10 support? I was really bummed about it when I discovered that I had black bars top and bottom of my screen. I've seen quite a few other people post on the Steam hub about it too.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2014, 05:04 
Insiders
Insiders

Updated Dark Souls II fix

- Targeting reticle now visible
- Bonfire text now visible.
- Buttons for setting the window to Borderless (try these for 21:9 and 16:10)
- Fixed a bug where HUD Fix toggle wasent disabling the fix.

For those complaining about the HUD being centered to 16:9 in 21:9 this is because the engine stretches the HUD if it's not a native 16:9 resolution, so this is actually desired behaviour - if you want the HUD to span the full screen... but stretched, then simply untick the HUD Fix.

Click check for updates to update to the latest fix, if no updates show up it may have already installed if you have automatic updates enabled.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2014, 05:45 

EDIT: Scratch that im retarded

Another question, does the game force the FPS to stay at 30 when in windowed mode? seems like my framerate drops when switching from fullscreen to the borderless option

Last edited by Maxo on 27 Apr 2014, 01:03, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2014, 06:41 

Ally HP bars when in a group with others glitches off to the side under the current fix as well as damage text isn't showing on HP bars when hitting enemies, I think those are the only two things I have still noticed offhand. Thanks for the fast patch :D.
Having widescreen makes this game so much more enjoyable, well that and progression :D.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2014, 07:04 

Unfortunately the only thing this fix does on my computer is remove all the text from all menus. It does not appear to correct the aspect ratio at all. Borderless works but stretches the UI in the menu, but in-game I'm still stuck with only the center screen regardless of settings. =(

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2014, 07:07 

Sorry for the double post (mods feel free to merge and remove this line)

Also: I've noticed you have a fair deal of information in the status window of Flawless Widescreen. The only thing that appears in mine is "Injecting...".

Running with 2x GTX680 in SLI @ 6040x1080 Bezel Corrected.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2014, 07:24 
Insiders
Insiders

Known bugs remaining:

- Hit damage count (to the left above the health bar) is not visible. (I personally dont think this is worth the time to fix as it's diffcult to start debugging while keeping it on screen)

- FMV Cinematics are stretched. (low priority)

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2014, 13:35 

Everything is working flawlessly now on Borderless Windowed .. no Letterbox nothing .. Thanks Hayden =))

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next