Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 16:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2013, 01:05 
Insiders
Insiders

HaYDeN wrote:
Some people have asked questions about using fixed EXE's... supposedly there is a legitimate use for using the fixed EXE, such as overcoming the ram limit etc.

You will need to do this this:

Open the script in c:\Program Files (x86)\Flawless Widescreen\PluginCache\FWS_Plugins\Modules\CODGhosts\Dependencies\Scripts\CODGhosts.lua

and change these lines:

if Process_EXEName == "iw6mp64_ship.exe" then MemoryPermissions = PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE end
if Process_EXEName == "iw6sp64_ship.exe" then MemoryPermissions = PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE end

to:

if Process_EXEName == "iw6mp64_ship.exe" then MemoryPermissions = PAGE_EXECUTE_READ end
if Process_EXEName == "iw6sp64_ship.exe" then MemoryPermissions = PAGE_EXECUTE_READ end

For some ungodly reason the legitimate EXE has the executable area's set to READ and WRITE, when they should be READ only.

If you are not using the fixed EXE for legimate purposes, don't want to know about it.

Do I need this?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2013, 05:07 
Insiders
Insiders

Only if you use modified .exe files.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2013, 05:47 

HaYDeN wrote:
Some people have asked questions about using fixed EXE's... supposedly there is a legitimate use for using the fixed EXE, such as overcoming the ram limit etc.

You will need to do this this:

Open the script in c:\Program Files (x86)\Flawless Widescreen\PluginCache\FWS_Plugins\Modules\CODGhosts\Dependencies\Scripts\CODGhosts.lua

and change these lines:

if Process_EXEName == "iw6mp64_ship.exe" then MemoryPermissions = PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE end
if Process_EXEName == "iw6sp64_ship.exe" then MemoryPermissions = PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE end

to:

if Process_EXEName == "iw6mp64_ship.exe" then MemoryPermissions = PAGE_EXECUTE_READ end
if Process_EXEName == "iw6sp64_ship.exe" then MemoryPermissions = PAGE_EXECUTE_READ end

For some ungodly reason the legitimate EXE has the executable area's set to READ and WRITE, when they should be READ only.

If you are not using the fixed EXE for legimate purposes, don't want to know about it.

The flawless window now says it is "injecting" (and that's all), however the image is still really distorted.
I tried setting the aspect ratio but it didn't seem to help, I put it back to auto.

Here is an image of what i'm seeing. Not sure how long Dropbox will leave it up though :)

Flawless also seems to move the main menu (before launching campaign) to my far left monitor only.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2013, 06:34 
Insiders
Insiders

dopefish wrote:
Only if you use modified .exe files.

Ah like 'free' versions...nah not me.

So nobody is experiencing weird mouse behaviours? If I have AA on the mouse is sluggish

If I enable shadows, the mouse does like this sharp movement every so often. I think I'm about to give up on this game and just stick to BF.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2013, 09:05 
Insiders
Insiders

acidcaribou wrote:
The flawless window now says it is "injecting" (and that's all), however the image is still really distorted.
I tried setting the aspect ratio but it didn't seem to help, I put it back to auto.

Here is an image of what i'm seeing. Not sure how long Dropbox will leave it up though :)

Flawless also seems to move the main menu (before launching campaign) to my far left monitor only.

PM me with the EXE and I will look.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2013, 22:25 

hello im using the widescreen fixer everything looks fine apart from the map its a main thing for me in playing games I like to use the map to shoot people through walls and know where they are and the map seems stretched but even worce than that when I turn the people on the map also move! not having a clue where they are can u please fix this or if it isn't happening to all why is it happening to me? im using windowed full screen mode

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2013, 22:42 
Insiders
Insiders

Can you provide more details than that (SP, MP, game mode, etc.) with some screenshots as well?

In my limited testing in SP and MP everything seemed okay but I may have missed some stuff.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2013, 23:51 

I get that mini map problem aswell, just go into a custom match with radar turned on and walk around. The mini map looks where your looking but its like the positioning of the enemy dots don't stick to the mini map as they also move while you turn. It's hard to explain but basically it doesn't show the enemy dots where they actually are. This happens in fullscreen mode and it happens in mp i'm not sure about sp since I have yet to try sp

Last edited by Mikeyx81 on 13 Nov 2013, 00:22, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2013, 23:54 

hi heres a vid http://youtu.be/tdakNgzFIq8 hopefully u can see what I mean you may need to go full screen dunno why it ends up so small.. I also forgot to mention my mouse doesn't go to the right side of the screen it hits a brick wall u can see that at the start iv tried different aspect ratios still nothing and u can see wat resolution its on everything else seem great on my middle monitor as shud be but I think the mini map is supposed to be square wich is why when I turn the map is moveing to the wrong place the chars are. its on mp kc if that makes any diff.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2013, 15:41 
Insiders
Insiders

updated the Call of Duty: Ghosts plugin... now supports FOV (disabled by default) - also fixes the weapon zoom FOV

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next