Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2013, 18:22 
Insiders
Insiders

Flawless Widescreen v1.0.11 released, includes Ghosts plugin.

Some people who tested it asked why there's no FOV hack... IMO this is too dangerous, continue using Foverly (personally I wouldn't, but if you have, there's no point stopping now) and if it proves to not cause bans - this can be added... keep in mind most of these types of games use a delay ban system so that it's not immediately obvious what exactly set it off (this would make it easy for hackers to learn what to avoid).

A little background:

The plugins for the Call of Duty series tend to have to be crafted very carefully, sometimes taken less than direct approaches to make every possible attempt to avoid modifying anything the game considers to be "rigid" or in memory marked as executable only.

To this day I've still had zero reports of any ban in a COD based game using Flawless Widescreen.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2013, 18:42 

Thanks for your work as always Hayden, MP just wouldn't be the same without Eyefinity.

I'm getting the following error:

Configure function call for the attached process failed, retrying in 49 seconds...

Last Error:
Could not find DefaultAspectRatio injection point, Call of Duty: Ghosts may have updated to a version that is no longer supported.

Try restarting Call of Duty: Ghosts or selecting a different version and re-enable the fix.

:WWTH2Go:

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2013, 20:39 

Zero7159 wrote:
HaYDeN wrote:
Looking for a few people to test the new x64 build of Flawless Widescreen with Ghosts plugin - you need to be prepared to give me your IP [to add to access list] as you will probably note the site is down atm, this is because I don't want to push the update yet.

Add me on Steam.

I was able to download the update, but the fixer does not work in Ghosts. It also does not show the game as running, even though it clearly is.

Never mind, I got it working. I did not realize the Flawless Widescreen was different than Widescreen Fixer. :oops:

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2013, 20:41 

Awesome work hayden, after the reg edit works well Flawlessly!

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2013, 22:03 
Insiders
Insiders

Great work Hayden.

For those that want some FOV love there's a new FOV changer - use it at your own discretion.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/209160/di ... 1384117333

You guys notice mouse 'lag' when playing, feels terrible and especially down the scope.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2013, 23:13 
Insiders
Insiders

I suppose if they're allowing it then there's no harm in adding it at the user's discretion.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2013, 01:50 

You guys wouldnt happen to know how to fix the sniper rifles would you? Dope? Hayden?

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2013, 01:53 
Insiders
Insiders

Is there something wrong with them? Are you referring to the performance? I know the blur can take its toll on performance, but there's really not much to be done about it. We both already force the blur to the normal amount when using surround. Disabling it permanently would be a bad thing for fairness in MP.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2013, 10:44 
Insiders
Insiders

Anyone else have issues when enabling AA and shadows? They both cause different issues to the mouse - so I have to play the game without AA and shadows to actually have proper control...only happens in surround :/

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2013, 14:19 
Insiders
Insiders

Some people have asked questions about using fixed EXE's... supposedly there is a legitimate use for using the fixed EXE, such as overcoming the ram limit etc.

You will need to do this this:

Open the script in c:\Program Files (x86)\Flawless Widescreen\PluginCache\FWS_Plugins\Modules\CODGhosts\Dependencies\Scripts\CODGhosts.lua

and change these lines:

if Process_EXEName == "iw6mp64_ship.exe" then MemoryPermissions = PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE end
if Process_EXEName == "iw6sp64_ship.exe" then MemoryPermissions = PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE end

to:

if Process_EXEName == "iw6mp64_ship.exe" then MemoryPermissions = PAGE_EXECUTE_READ end
if Process_EXEName == "iw6sp64_ship.exe" then MemoryPermissions = PAGE_EXECUTE_READ end

For some ungodly reason the legitimate EXE has the executable area's set to READ and WRITE, when they should be READ only.

If you are not using the fixed EXE for legimate purposes, don't want to know about it.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next