Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2014, 13:53 
Insiders
Insiders

Yes,
I noticed DSFIX 2.2 has an issue with the Framerate unlock part. It is possible we are writing in the same memory locations and thus overlap making the game crashing....
I tested with DSFIX 1.9 and the framerate unlock is still working... (For reference)

Currently the fix is still addressing the version of the game that is using GFWL. Since the other one is a Beta and thus not a final release (that might change quite a bit between now and February) I've decided not to fix it.
In February when we have the final version of the Steamworks version, I will update the plugin to work with that version;)

I want to prevent any "fix breaks" as long as I can;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2014, 00:44 

Thank you very much for the update, helifax :-)

As far as I understood it, From Software are just using the "Beta" functionality of Steam to deploy the new version in parallel to the old GFWL version and it is not actually a Beta. Once the grace period is over, the GFWL version will be removed and just the Steam Workshop version remains.

The transfer of my saves from GFWL to Steam Workshop didn't work for me, so I'm afraid that if I roll a new character now, it will be lost as soon as the GFWL version is completely removed.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2014, 16:08 

How jealously do you guard your source code helifax? If you were willing to let me fork it, I'd be more than glad to help with the beta version on a seperate dev branch (this is exactly the kind of situation forks were made for!).

If not, that's fine--I can perfectly understand you not wanting random strangers sniffing around your source, especially for a project this cool. The modularity is solid, you really did a bang up job.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2015, 17:06 

Thank you helifax, for your support. I really appreciate all the work that you guys do.
Maybe I come back to play in February, when everything is right.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2015, 14:41 

I'm glad to have found this thread. It'll be hard wait until January to get my aspect ratio fix, but I understand you not wanting to do the same work twice. Thanks for doing to update to begin with!

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2015, 17:49 
Insiders
Insiders

s33dless wrote:
How jealously do you guard your source code helifax? If you were willing to let me fork it, I'd be more than glad to help with the beta version on a seperate dev branch (this is exactly the kind of situation forks were made for!).

If not, that's fine--I can perfectly understand you not wanting random strangers sniffing around your source, especially for a project this cool. The modularity is solid, you really did a bang up job.

I am not guarding it :) but even I release it public it will not make a lot of sense unless you know how the game engine works...
This might also change when the beta goes live...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2015, 20:35 

Cant wait for the final fix, im sure this will be the last update Dark Souls 1 is ever going to get, its going to be awesome that the triple screen functionality will be preserved forever now :)

Also, could you please look into Dark Souls 2, its been broken since Feb 3 with the last DS 2 update, thanks :)

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2015, 23:56 
I Donated
I Donated

Hopefully we will see the fix soon!

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2015, 17:00 

Hey, not to come over all impatient, but seeing as the 16th of february has come and gone, I was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind releasing the new Dark Souls plugin so that we can get cracking with custom resolutions.

Thanks!

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2015, 19:22 

second midhras's request! i've been waiting to play the steamworks version at 3440x1440 for months!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next