Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2011, 23:41 

I got the game working in 5040x1050 some months ago and thanks to this thread. I have started to play more games in portrait mode now though. Any way to get this working in 3150x1680 and 5250x1680? 1050x1680x3 and 1050x1680x5.

both r6lv1 and 2

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2011, 23:57 
Editors
Editors

Sorry for the belated response. I'll look into fixing things for your resolutions, though first I need to find the files on my drive and remember exactly what I did before. IIRC the changes are simple, so I should have something to post within a day or so.

-Edit-
New .bins available for the requested resolutions: Files available from https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files (search there)

I can't test these myself. Let me know what happens.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 22:10 

Sorry for the belated response. I'll look into fixing things for your resolutions, though first I need to find the files on my drive and remember exactly what I did before. IIRC the changes are simple, so I should have something to post within a day or so.

-Edit-
New .bins available for the requested resolutions: Files available from https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files (search there)

Have not been able to get the 3150x1680 to work! Game only appears on one screen. It is not squished or anything it is just cut off and only appears on one monitor

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 22:34 
Editors
Editors

Have not been able to get the 3150x1680 to work! Game only appears on one screen. It is not squished or anything it is just cut off and only appears on one monitor

Does that mean the game is actually rendering across all monitors but only 1 screen shows anything, or is the entire game window/image rendering on just one screen and the others turn off?

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 01:25 

[quote]Have not been able to get the 3150x1680 to work! Game only appears on one screen. It is not squished or anything it is just cut off and only appears on one monitor

Does that mean the game is actually rendering across all monitors but only 1 screen shows anything, or is the entire game window/image rendering on just one screen and the others turn off?

Got it working! I was a dumbass! As soon as I removed the 3150x1680 from the bin name all worked perfect.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 01:34 

Now I am trying to get R6v2 figured out. It is the game I play the second most.

I just need to get R6v2, doom 3 and quake 4 working and I have all my games working in portrait mode!!! :rockout

In r6v2 the res shows but it is all vertically stretched. Doors look like thet are 9ft tall and 2 feet wide.

I am a soon to be 47yr old gamer and this is the most helpful forum I have ever been proud to be a member of. Thanks to everyone for there help! :cheers

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 01:39 

-Edit-

Thanks a million for taking your time to make these files, I will be testing the 4200x1200 as soon as I can!

***UPDATE***
WORKS WORKS WORKS WORKS WORKS !!!!!!! :bowdown

Thanks again, very cool to have both of these games up & running triple-wide. With the terrorist hunt these games provide many hours of re-playability. I was very sketchy about this series because all the screenshots I had seen were in 3rd person view, so I never took it seriously. I picked it up on a whim and after getting into the gameplay style and cover system, I kinda dig it! Getting these running in triple-wide is great for peeking around those corners.

Let me re-cap in case it can help any others who come across this:

I currently run triple-wide with SoftTH v2.05 on a GTX285 with Win7 x64.

Monitor config is:

||17"Portrait-1024x1280 || 24"Landscape-1920x1200 || 17"Portrait-1024x1280|| Resolution+bezel correction is 4200x1200

Copy the modded .bin to C:UsersYourUserNameDocumentsUbisoftR6Vegas
Copy the 2 SoftTH files to YourInstallLocation:Rainbow Six VegasBinaries

I did NOT have to set the resolution in game. It stays at 640x480 no matter what, but your real resolution will be determined by the .bin file you use.

I would like to add that if anyone does not see triple-head results at the menu screens after applying a new .bin, continue into a game and you may find the triple head resolution working when it renders the 3D environment. I was about to report the .bin didn't work but I loaded into a game just to shoot at something and presto, it was indeed working perfectly.

The only anomoly is at menu screens:
The center monitor is perfect, the left monitor gets some overhanging background graphics, and the right monitor is blank (black). No problem. Works fine.

Make sure you do not ever change the resolution in the options screen or you will have to re-copy a fresh modded .bin file but you can change any other video option without affecting triple-head.

A side note, the FOV seems to be correct without any additional changes, unlike R6 Vegas 2, that required a modded .exe to correct the FOV. (Thank you and Racer_S for that as well, by the way...)

:cheers Thanks GeneralAdmission and to the greater WSGF community for keeping surround gaming going! :cheers

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 17:50 
Editors
Editors

Got it working! I was a dumbass! As soon as I removed the 3150x1680 from the bin name all worked perfect.

:lol: Glad you noticed that before several hours of troubleshooting. ;)

In r6v2 the res shows but it is all vertically stretched. Doors look like thet are 9ft tall and 2 feet wide.

Did you go into the in-game options menu and change the AR between 4:3 and 16:10? Those are the two entries that I changed.

I am a soon to be 47yr old gamer and this is the most helpful forum I have ever been proud to be a member of. Thanks to everyone for there help! :cheers

You're welcome. Happy to help.
:cheers

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 18:21 

Did you go into the in-game options menu and change the AR between 4:3 and 16:10? Those are the two entries that I changed.

Pardon me for butting in here, but just for a heads up, with my 4200x1200 setup I use 4:3 for R6V2 and it is very close to correct FOV. Try all 3 Like GeneralAdmission said and pick the one that looks the best. I think you have to restart after each try, so be patient and you will find one of them will be the closest match for your setup. Your NVG and Thermals will not be round (I'm guessing), but it really kinda adds to the freaky nature of going into combat with eyewear equipped.

Be proud of your experience! I am a soon to be 42yr old gamer and still kickin' the (beep) outta digital bad guys and rockin' the surround screens baby!~ None of my younger gaming compatriots have those bragging rights. haha :shock:

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2011, 07:51 

Update! I have both r6lv1 AND 2 sorta working.

Will start with 2 since it is more important 2 me.
I have no stretching or scrunched up stuff. View looks right. However everything looks bigger. What I did is on my second pc which is 1680x1050 I set up a match and I put my player in the exact same place and took a pic.
Then I did the same with my eyefinity setup at 3150x1680. Both the 1680x1050 and the 3150x1680 showed the EXACT same amount of res or picture. The objects that were on the edges of the screens were in the exact same of both pics. It is just that the eyefinity screen had it all bigger to show the same stuff on the bigger screen like the fov is diff.

I am pretty happy with the way R61 turned out. Don't get much more height res but I do get a little better width res.

Thanks for the help!

So far the 5040x1050 is much better with these 2 games as the landscape mode seems to get a true res increase unless I am doing something wrong.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next