Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2009, 19:26 
Editors
Editors

Demo has native support for triplehead resolutions. Main menu is Vert-, pre-rendered cutscenes all appear to be pillarboxed.

Slo-mo "finishing hits" use a zoomed-in camera that is also looks Vert-, but that doesn't detract from gameplay since those 1-2 seconds are not actually user-controlled.

thales100 also posted a 5040x1050 shot in the demo thread HERE.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2009, 22:55 
Editors
Editors

Hi guys ...
Here is a fix for the zoomed in camera for the finishing hits, interactions such as opening grates and the character dialogues ...

All it does is change the FOV to something better whenever you press the space bar ... which is the key for most interactions.
The space bar is also used for jumping and running but these changes don't seem to be a problem as the fov whenever you might want to jump or run will be at or about at these values anyway (i.e. not zoomed in).

Find the ... UserInput.ini
On XP it is here ... C:Documents and Settings*USERNAME*My DocumentsEidosBatman Arkham Asylum DemoBmGameConfig

Find this line ...
.Bindings=(Name="SpaceBar",Command="ContextSensitive | Run | CapeGlide | AcceptConversation | Evade | CancelBatarangCamera", Shift=false, Control=false, Alt=false, bIgnoreShift=false, bIgnoreCtrl=false, bIgnoreAlt=false):META:COM_RUN_GLIDE_USE,0,-1,-1,"bRunButton",false,false,CI_RunGlide,CI_Interact

For 5040x1050 change it to ...
.Bindings=(Name="SpaceBar",Command="ContextSensitive | Run | CapeGlide | AcceptConversation | Evade | fov 140 | CancelBatarangCamera", Shift=false, Control=false, Alt=false, bIgnoreShift=false, bIgnoreCtrl=false, bIgnoreAlt=false):META:COM_RUN_GLIDE_USE,0,-1,-1,"bRunButton",false,false,CI_RunGlide,CI_Interact

For 3840x1024 change it to ...
.Bindings=(Name="SpaceBar",Command="ContextSensitive | Run | CapeGlide | AcceptConversation | Evade | fov 130 | CancelBatarangCamera", Shift=false, Control=false, Alt=false, bIgnoreShift=false, bIgnoreCtrl=false, bIgnoreAlt=false):META:COM_RUN_GLIDE_USE,0,-1,-1,"bRunButton",false,false,CI_RunGlide,CI_Interact

These are settings I found to be good but you can change the FOV to whatever works for you.

(Sorry ... no time to do proper thumbnails with links) ...
Before ...

After ...

Before ...

After ...

Before ...

After ...

Before ...

After ...

and a finishing hit ...

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2009, 00:01 
Founder
Founder

Thanks for the info. Did the thumbnails.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2009, 00:08 
Editors
Editors

Great work, Paddy! And nice to see you drop in. :)

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 09:43 

hey guys i just picked this up today for ps3, man this game if F'ING AMAZING!!!!very well done, they put a lot of blood sweat and tears in to this one. i'm definitely gonna pick it up for the pc to, ps3's graphics aren't all that. game play is phenomenal, story is phenomenal, voice acting is excellent, same people from the cartoon and they all nail it. fighting seems basic in the beginning but its very effective the way its executed. played the demo again for pc and with all the physics is awesome, although i'm gonna play using the michael keaton tim burton suit, i always loved the look of that one the best.

all around, i give this game a 10/10, i literally played it 10 hours straight, i'm a freaking zombie right now, need sleep :?

i recommend this game to everyone

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 07:56 

how much should the fov be for 16:9? like 1360X768 or 1920X1080?

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2009, 06:52 
Editors
Editors

Game is great, runs 5760x1200 right out of the box with almost no issues, Paddy's little fix above makes this game almost 100% surround ready.

Its a very good game, voice acting is so perfect. It captures that dark and strong feel of batman from the recent dark knight movies, graphics look great but dont take a lot of system power a la Crysis or GTA4.

A single 5870 card maxes out the game with no problems at full 5760x1200.

Seems like its a game you can make as little or as much out of it as you want.

Just b-line for your objectives and beat the game, or take the time to try and solve the hidden riddles and find the hidden items and stuff. I would definitely make this a must have game for PC owners.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2009, 10:46 

for those of you playing with a xbox 360 pad or another gamepad of your choice, you need to change a different file bmInput.ini

just search for ContextSensitive and edit the lines like mentioned above

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2009, 18:55 

i didn't have to change anything to play with my xbox 360 controller. worked great right out of the box.

i will second, this game is a must have. one of the best games i've ever played.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 21:17 

I have a video up on youtube of my eyefinity set up running with physx doing a Batman AA benchmark run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCFsQYQnygA

Cheers!