Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2006, 19:03 
Editors
Editors

I am using FireFox 1.5.0.4. too ... very strange ... :?

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2006, 21:48 

i got fear working after manually editing the F.E.A.R..txt file and inputting the resolution in there. The SGU refuses to create a config file for the game because it keeps saying it cant find a config file?? Anyway i can run fear at 3072x768 with everything maxed out in the game and with 2x AA and 2x AF and it runs as smooth as silk.

Forget about running it in 3840x1024 though as it was a slideshow at that rez. SLI is definitely needed for fear in this rez. Every other game ive played runs at 3840x1024 with no slowdowns and they all "pretty much" run as smoothly as they do in 1280x1024 on the single monitor.

There is some slowdown but its not enough to warrant a decrease in rez, and i am a major frame snob. Cool product overall! I sure hope it works with windows vista though or im going to be very peeved that i just dropped this much money on an xp only product. Paddy, thanks for your time and dedication to this topic!

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2006, 12:54 
Editors
Editors

The SGU refuses to create a config file for the game because it keeps saying it cant find a config file??
... I wonder ... is that because you have the game installed somewhere other than the default ?

Yeah FEAR really needs SLi to run the game at 3840x1024 everything at Max

Have you tried GRAW yet ?

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2006, 01:01 

no im not into those sim combat games for the most part. cod2 is the only one ive ever gotten into and it wont work right with the th2g either :(