Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 07:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2015, 18:39 
Insiders
Insiders

rdunlap wrote:
Kayden Should something be said for fullscreen? windowed has its own issues, especially nVidia surround. For me all of the micro-stutters and all the interface shifts went away when i switched to fullscreen.

Robert

To be honest I don't run any game unless it is in Fullscreen, due to the fact SLI won't work unless it is in Fullscreen. You're right it should be mentioned that Fullscreen should be enabled.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2015, 20:03 

Kayden wrote:
Here are the instructions, again.

1) Download the zip file provided by Haldi in his post - http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 12#p162512 - "Fallout4 - Interface2.zip" - Unzip and copy the file.

2) Go to "Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data" rename interface.ba2 to interface.old and then place Haldi's ba2 file into its place (renaming to interface.ba2)

3) Edit the Fallout4.ini file with:
[Interface]
fSafeZoneX=250.0
//was 15.0 - MM fix is 250.0
fSafeZoneXWide=1300.0
//was 64.0 - MM Fix is 1300.0
//add these values
fNoteDistance=12.0000
fBookDistance=36.6667
fWorkshopMenuItem3DScale=2.0000

4) Save

5) Edit the Fallout4prefs.ini with:
[Display]
iSize W=5760

Or whatever your width of your desktop is so long as it isn't bezel corrected.

6) Save

7) Run the game

PERFECT! :thumbup:
Works like a charm!
If the thread starter edit the first post to include this very simple, yet perfect step-by-step guide, it should make it alot easier for a new user searching for this info.
Thanks a million! :)

PS: Only mod I had to do in addition to above steps where the FOV settings (90)
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/11 ... t-4-fixes/

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2015, 20:17 

rdunlap wrote:
Shortykiller wrote:
Hi Gues

New to this forum... :rockout:

I´ve triede setting up Fallout 4 on 3 minotors as described, and it almost works :-)
But I get this wierd view, not centered on the screen. Only half on the left screen.

I have attached a screenshoot of it..

Any ideas that might help me!?

Best Regardz Shorty

Let me guess you are on nVidia and using Bezel compensation right? If so you are going to have to switch to non bezel corrected till nVidia catches up. :D
Robert
EDIT: let me be fair and say it is more likely that Bethesda is the culprit in how they assemble and present the UI. there were some obvious shortcuts taken, especially with the HUD elements layouts that are the biggest problem with the game in tripple-wide environment.

Thank you :twothumb:

IT was the bessel correction that fucked it up, now it works :rockout:

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2015, 20:24 

I am running 5905 pixels with bezel correction.
You guys saying I should turn it off?
I just need different values for the [Interface] options I think. So that the icons are not tiny and to shift the center screen a bit to the right as the menu is in the bezel for a few pixels.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2015, 21:55 

sd_dracula wrote:
I am running 5905 pixels with bezel correction.
You guys saying I should turn it off?
I just need different values for the [Interface] options I think. So that the icons are not tiny and to shift the center screen a bit to the right as the menu is in the bezel for a few pixels.

Welllllll,
if you want to tweak the ini settings *(slowly like increments of 5-10 and one setting at a time) I have no idea if you will succeed or not BUT if you do share the settings changes so the rest of us can try them too. be nice to have my compensation back. I am playing without it because when i found settings that just worked I got WAY to busy playing the game to tweak an ini setting.

Robert
:TrueWS:

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2015, 03:09 

Hi I'm new to the triple monitor set up and I'm having some difficulty getting my field of view to match up between the 3 monitors on this game. I'm running off a 980TI 5760X1080 I've gotten all the other tweaks and stuff off this site to work properly but it seems like the .ini file fDefaultWorldFOV=XX and fDefault1stPersonFOV=XX only effects my center screen and the only way i can get the center to match the sides is by setting my FoV to about 30. I was wondering if this is a known issue for widescreen gaming or if its a fallout 4 specific issue and if there is a fix?

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2015, 03:21 

SorrowSp3LL wrote:
Hi I'm new to the triple monitor set up and I'm having some difficulty getting my field of view to match up between the 3 monitors on this game. I'm running off a 980TI 5760X1080 I've gotten all the other tweaks and stuff off this site to work properly but it seems like the .ini file fDefaultWorldFOV=XX and fDefault1stPersonFOV=XX only effects my center screen and the only way i can get the center to match the sides is by setting my FoV to about 30. I was wondering if this is a known issue for widescreen gaming or if its a fallout 4 specific issue and if there is a fix?

You are seeing artifacts of widescreen in general. BUT! you can minimize it a lot. what monitor size are you using? all the same size? these things have an effect. with my setup on nVidia 780TI driving matched dell s224's 90 and 90 gets it closest. you get it to the best look you can then play a while and the whole issue will go away. you have to teach your mark 1 eyeballs to play nice with the setup. :P the surround screens in theory are peripheral vision anyhow.

that said anytime you have questions just ask. Great to have a new widescreen convert. Its absolutely a learning process and every game wants something slightly different.

Robert

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2015, 03:46 

I'm playing on 3 Dell U2414H 23.8". Are you referring to the FoV settings when you say 90 and 90? The closest i got to to matching the displays was like i said turning the FoV down to around 30 for each of the .ini lines. That made the center display match the peripheral displays but its hard to play with such a magnified looking picture. Most games I've played had this issue a little bit but as you said play for awhile and i noticed it went away, I seem to be noticing it a lot more in fallout 4 then most games though.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm really enjoying the triple monitor set up so far, most games aren't to bad to tweak and get working properly. Totally been worth the minor tweaks so far!

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2015, 03:54 

SorrowSp3LL wrote:
I'm playing on 3 Dell U2414H 23.8". Are you referring to the FoV settings when you say 90 and 90? The closest i got to to matching the displays was like i said turning the FoV down to around 30 for each of the .ini lines. That made the center display match the peripheral displays but its hard to play with such a magnified looking picture. Most games I've played had this issue a little bit but as you said play for awhile and i noticed it went away, I seem to be noticing it a lot more in fallout 4 then most games though.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm really enjoying the triple monitor set up so far, most games aren't to bad to tweak and get working properly. Totally been worth the minor tweaks so far!

30 is WAY wrong. can you grab a screen shot standing near something or in a room from 1st person view? I would like to see what you are describing my eyeballs would splode if i set mine to 30. now 130 would be on the high side of correct....

Robert

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2015, 04:12 

Looks a bit worst on the screen rather then the screenshot, also not sure if that pic upload worked. here is the direct links http://imgur.com/RJxur2U http://imgur.com/e9B0WSf http://imgur.com/dcS79Pv :onethumb:

Edit: You can see it a little more in these 2 photos if you look at the theater looking building. I'm standing in the same spot a just turned a little and it looks like its a mile down the road :wtf: http://imgur.com/a/FnMmx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 77  Next