Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Jun 2024, 14:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: 15 May 2007, 23:54 
Editors
Editors

Oooops ... missed that as you were asking about the 16:9 ratio ... :lol: ....

Hmmmm ...... I can't see what is wrong ... :? .... sorry.

Do you have Resurrection of Evil installed ?

PostPosted: 16 May 2007, 00:03 

I've got Resurrection of Evil, but to be honest I don't think I've ever installed it. I know this is an embarassing question - but I'm guessing it'll be pretty damned obvious if I do have it installed....right?

The gamex86.dll I downloaded from your link - the game wouldn't run at first when this was first done, I had to remove the "read-only" attribute from it, then the game ran (albeit still distorted). I assume this was the right thing to do?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Mr Pibb.

PostPosted: 16 May 2007, 09:11 
Editors
Editors

I've got Resurrection of Evil, but to be honest I don't think I've ever installed it. I know this is an embarassing question - but I'm guessing it'll be pretty damned obvious if I do have it installed....right?
To check ... for Windows XP ... go to ... Control Panel ... Add and Remove Programs ... it should be in the list if it is installed.
The reason I asked about Resurrection of Evil is because of Telic's post on page one of the thread

The gamex86.dll I downloaded from your link - the game wouldn't run at first when this was first done, I had to remove the "read-only" attribute from it, then the game ran (albeit still distorted). I assume this was the right thing to do?
No that was the wrong thing to do ... the game will put the .dll back to the un-modified version.

PostPosted: 16 May 2007, 19:57 

Cheers Paddy, that was the problem - removing the read only attribute. It's fine now that I've put in a fresh read-only one.

Last time I tried running the game with the read-only attribute enabled it didn't start. I even got a message saying something about the gamex86.dll file! But that was before the 1.3 patch was installed.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Mr Pibb.

PostPosted: 16 May 2007, 20:05 
Editors
Editors

Glad you/we got there ... :D

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 09:42 
Insiders
Insiders

Hi all (esp Paddy)
I have had this game sitting in a box somewhere for ages and thought I would give it a go in TH2Go.
However I am getting the same problem as Mr Pibb, I think. I did the following:
1. Installed Doom3
2. Patched to 1.3.1 (latest patch)
3. Ran the SGU- which changed the .ini to 3840x1024 and aspect to 16:9
4. Downloaded the new gamex86.dll (twice) and installed in the Program FilesDoom 3base folder.
5. tried to play.
Now what happens is:
1. Previous to adding the 'gamex86.dll' the game ran fine in TH2Go but with the stretched FOV (ie on the side screen vertical surfaces are at about 45 degrees to the vert!).
2. After installing the downloaded 'gamex86.dll' I get this error message (if I change the 'gamex86.dll' properties from read only it goes back to scenario 1 above!)

Mr Pibb got it sorted but I can't seem to -any help please....
M1.9P

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 11:53 
Editors
Editors

Hey bud ...

I can't see what you might be doing wrong ...
Mr Pibb had exactly the same problem first time and it seems that when he tried it again after re downloading the dll it worked ...

It should fix it but do not remove the read only attribute as you found out it will just undo my changes to the dll and it will need to be re-downloaded.

May be just starting the whole process again will sort it ... but I bet you have done that already.

Sorry bud I don't know what else to say or suggest ... (it was such a long time ago now) ...
I will think about it some more and if I can come up with something I will let you know.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 20:34 
Insiders
Insiders

Thanks anyway Paddy, I thought that maybe it is the 1.3.1patch, this was for the 1.3 wasn't it?
Anyway a couple of reloads haven't helped.
Oh well, just have to go back to finishing bioshock- mainly out of a sense of completion!
M1.9P
ps just watching Eng v Tonga now, Tonga looking dangerous!

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2007, 13:25 

M1.9, I do believe that is a 1.31 issue. I got the same result using patch 1.31.

Make a nice and shinny new CLEAN installation first by doing a proper uninstall then reinstall of the game.

Then follow the instructions I posted above, but make sure it is patch 1.3. Patch 1.31 just will not do!

And, make sure the read-only attribute IS set ON with the new dll.

Enjoy!!

England v Aussie is on now, gotta dash.

Regards,

Mr Pibb.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2007, 00:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Well England did a lot better than the All Blacks :cry:
thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next