Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 15 Jun 2024, 23:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 04:31 

Urzru wrote:
I might have found a solution/workaround for the green boxes being out of line.

I have a 21:9 monitor, and I was playing around with the ini to get the scope overlay to cover the edges of my screen, since by default it only covers a 16:9 area. I discovered that setting fDefaultFOV makes the scope overlay larger or smaller, without affecting the other fov settings.

A side effect of this is that it also changed the size of the green boxes. At fDefaultFOV=60 the green boxes mostly line up with their edges, and the scope covers the sides of the screen. I'm not sure if it changes anything besides those two, but it seems to be working for me so far.

OH! does haldi's fix work well with 21:9? I was under the asssumption this was only for 5760x1080 users. Man I'm losing it going through all these threads looking for fixes, been 3 days nonstop. Do you have to input your resolution somewhere?

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 04:46 
Editors
Editors

Hardcoded for 5760x1080. Doesn't work in 21:9 sorry. You'd have to manually edit all files (we still don't have a list of which are utterly important and which might just be important^^) for whatever Aspect Ratio you'd want.

About the PipBoy bug, I've increased my FoV because i tought i'd be to small.
[Display]
fDefaultWorldFOV=80
fDefault1stPersonFOV=90
(not sure if it's Fallout4.ini or prefs.ini i have it in both.
Try this.

This fDefaultFOV=60 is definitly something i'm going to take a look at tomorrow, thx Urzru.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 04:49 

been over and over this thread... A nice write up would be nice to clear any confusion ... looks like a couple of different fixes in this thread and everything isn't always exactly clear for some of the more novice. Great work guys!

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 05:16 

So is anyone else seeing the slanted/angled local map screen with the replacement interface file?

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 05:20 

Anyone that is having trouble with SLI, use Batman Arkham City's SLI Bits, they're working exceptionally well for me.
60FPS with some FPS drops here and there.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 05:25 

i just "fixed" the scope problem for ultrawide monitors, basically just deleted the black boxes and left the crosshairs, its here if anyone wants it.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/320/?

Post subject: Re: Fallout 4
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 05:30 

ocelot wrote:
tricky wrote:
Thanks Haldi, makes it more playable, got the HUD on the middle screen now.
I am having a hard time with not being able to remap the movement/action keys to the numpad (always do this with every game) as those keys are predefined for crafting menus...bad gui. Very clunky key layout for me.

I also am playing with a SweetFX shader, restores a lot of color to the game, found it too washed out.
http://reshade.me/sweetfx#download

Which preset are you using?

The default one works fine.

And thanks to the member that suggested AutoHotkey, wrote a script and now have swapped all the keys to the numpad as I prefer, no WASD for me.

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

16GB DDR4 | Win10 x64 | 3x27" Asus IPS @ 5760x1080 | Samsung 970 1TB NVMe

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 07:49 

NiBlade wrote:
i just "fixed" the scope problem for ultrawide monitors, basically just deleted the black boxes and left the crosshairs, its here if anyone wants it.

Nice, just tried it out works great, I can live without the scope box!

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 08:15 

kaburan wrote:
NiBlade wrote:

Yes, game is very playable now, thanks to the members here to fix the lazy work of Bethesda:

* GUI fix to fit to middle screen
* GUI fix of stretched text to normal text
* Color tweak using SweetFX
* Scope fix
* Full screen fix
* Resolution fix
* FOV fix
* Keyboard reassignment fix

The game has taken hours, but is finally getting interesting now that the glitches/controls are acceptable. Got some decent armor and weapons and a sidekick with a laser, bring on the mutants!

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

16GB DDR4 | Win10 x64 | 3x27" Asus IPS @ 5760x1080 | Samsung 970 1TB NVMe

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 08:21 

tricky wrote:
kaburan wrote:
NiBlade wrote:

Yes, game is very playable now, thanks to the members here to fix the lazy work of Bethesda:

* GUI fix to fit to middle screen
* GUI fix of stretched text to normal text
* Color tweak using SweetFX
* Scope fix
* Full screen fix
* Resolution fix
* FOV fix
* Keyboard reassignment fix

The game has taken hours, but is finally getting interesting now that the glitches/controls are acceptable. Got some decent armor and weapons and a sidekick with a laser, bring on the mutants!

We still need a way to preview 3d craftable items in base building, they're super tiny

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 77  Next