Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 15 Jun 2024, 22:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 19:25 

sd_dracula wrote:
Hi guys, I've been trying to get Fallout 4 to play ball with my 5760x1080 with limited success.
I can get it to display ok via .ini changes but the frame rate is bad 40ish fps on 2x EVGA SuperClocked GTX 970s in SLI, Intel i7 5820k and 16GB of DDR4.
Pretty sure I should be getting a lot more than more in Surround as the graphics are not mind blowing.
I'm guessing I need to tinker with some SLI settings to get this to work. Changing graphics quality doesn't really make a difference.

Anyone have any success with SLI in Surround? What settings did you use?

Nvidia hasn't worked out a functional SLI profile yet with Fallout 4, until that happens we're all stuck using one card (hence the shaky performance). In the geforce forums an Nvidia rep confirmed they are trying to work it out with Bethesda.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 19:29 

forrestz wrote:
Thanks so much for the help Haldi. I'm thrilled to be able to play on 3 screens...it was really killing me. Felt like I was wearing blinders or something.

Only one thing I noticed (not complaining, just letting you know) - the local map appears to be skewed now so you're viewing from an angle instead of top down. This has the unfortunate side effect of making the pipboy app throw an error when you switch to the local map mode. But if I get 3 screens in return, believe me, this is nothing.

Local map in the pip boy app is broken for everyone right now it seems: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3 ... is_broken/

Kinda sucks since that'd be one of the best uses for it, but the oldschool method of in-game pip boy still works fine.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 19:34 

Prince Vince wrote:
forrestz wrote:
Thanks so much for the help Haldi. I'm thrilled to be able to play on 3 screens...it was really killing me. Felt like I was wearing blinders or something.

Only one thing I noticed (not complaining, just letting you know) - the local map appears to be skewed now so you're viewing from an angle instead of top down. This has the unfortunate side effect of making the pipboy app throw an error when you switch to the local map mode. But if I get 3 screens in return, believe me, this is nothing.

Local map in the pip boy app is broken for everyone right now it seems: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3 ... is_broken/

Kinda sucks since that'd be one of the best uses for it, but the oldschool method of in-game pip boy still works fine.

Well - last night before I swapped the interface file, the app was working fine. The in-game version used to be top down and now it's all slanted for me. You're seeing it top down in-game?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 19:43 

Haldi and others, thanks so much for your hard work.

Unfortunately, Bethesda has really screwed the pooch on this one with us in terms of multi-monitor support. Even with the SWF tweaks you guys have provided, base building, crafting is just simply too difficult and tedious and you can't see the preview items. The same goes for the sniper scopes, and other issues. Performance is also shoddy at best and hopefully Beth/Nvidia can get proper SLI and driver support. There's no reason my 980ti should be lugging at 40ish fps in the wastelands.

I'm going to have to stick to 1920x1080 16:9 until a proper fix for ultrawide is released. Hopefully Hayden follows through with it.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 19:45 

ins1337 wrote:
Sepp666 wrote:
Hello, i'm new to this forum and i want to thank you guys for doing the work of the lazy developers... Thank you! One question, i use the bezel corrected resolution of 6080 x 1200, could you Haldi, tell me if i must play around with the Fallout.ini edits or what would do the job for me?
[Interface]
fSafeZoneX=250.0 --> maybe 300.0?
fSafeZoneXWide=1300.0 --> maybe 1600.0?

Regards Sepp

Sepp, if your only problem is getting the hud to move slightly further in then yes, slight increase thoses values. For example for me I increase 250 to 260, and 1600 to 1640.

Regards,

Edit: P.S. have you managed to get your bezel corrected resolution to correctly work in fullscreen mode, or just windowed bordless?

Thank you for your answer.
I have only set in the Fallout4Prefs.ini located in documents those things:

iSize W=6080
iSize H=1200
sAntiAliasing=TAA
iMaxAnisotropy=16
iPresentInterval=1
bFull Screen=1
bBorderless=0

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 20:07 

Quote:
Thanks for posting them Ins! Was reading your replies and trying to find the .ini edits too.

So what I understand you have to do is:

1) Download the zip file provided by Haldi in his post (page 20)
2) Rename interface.ba2 to interface.old and then place Haldi's ba2 file into its place (renaming to interface.ba2)
3) Edit the Fallout.ini file with:
[Interface]
fSafeZoneX=250.0
fSafeZoneXWide=1300.0
4) Save and make read only?
5) Run the game

Thought I would put the steps in for anyone just reading this, can anyone confirm thats correct? EDIT-Ins1337 confirmed this is how he did it :)

*apologies if i'm stepping on anyone's toes, I did none of the above just putting it in a clear instruction layout

Thx For help And resume :D

:triplewide:

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 20:16 

Thank you so much Haldi! <3

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 20:18 

Anybody having problem with "seeing through the walls" on the sides when standing next to a wall when running 21:9?

Attachments:
ScreenShot0.jpg
ScreenShot0.jpg [ 719.89 KiB | Viewed 3278 times ]

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 20:36 

Fresa wrote:
Anybody having problem with "seeing through the walls" on the sides when standing next to a wall when running 21:9?

yea. it happens.. ive seen it happen in many games. I think it's just an engine limitation. MAYBE it will be fixed when hayden finishes the FWS plugin.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 20:44 

Haldi wrote:
bust be a swf file. It also changes places when you change the HUD safe zone in the .ini file, though i haven't found it myself yet ^^

The force repack works pretty well, it just says "Don't do this because if you inject files it will mess up the position aka the whole archive" so if you repack ALL files as new ones i haven't had problems till now :D
P.S the 2nd interface.ba2 uses most of your files so it should fix all of it. I'm using that myself right now.

Cool! It's so slow at work today. I have absolutely nothing better to do that sit here wishing I was at home plying fallout... that said, I have a theory about the green boxes I'm going to try when I get home!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 77  Next