Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 03:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2016, 04:08 

Hey guys

I need some help to get a triple monitors setup, haven't done it before. I have some questions and wanted to see if it will work for me. I know this is a gaming forum, but I was hoping you guys can help, I will be using this for development purposed.

Some questions first:
    I have a lenovo laptop and a surface pro 3 and wanted to know if they will be able to be hooked up to three monitors and if they can handle it.
    What will I need to buy to make this work?

This is my laptop and surface pro 3:
    Lenovo Yoga 13 (ideapad). Ram 4gb. 64bit. i5-3337U. Graphics Card Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000.
    1 HMDI port, 2 USB ports (not sure if they are USB 2.0 or 3.0. Not sure if it matters)
    Surface Pro 3. Ram 8gb. 64bit. i7-4650U. Graphics Card Intel(R) HD Graphics 5000
    1 Mini display port(i have a HDMI converter), 1 USB 3.0 port.

Things I need to buy?. Not to sure what I need
    Depending on which docking station I get, HDMI or DVI cables.(or some other kind?)
[list=]Monitors. I am still looking, I am trying to get them for under $130 and to be mountable out of the box. I wont be gaming so I think that will be doable. And if they can have no frame on the side that would great. 1080 resolution....[/list]

So i hope that I can buy the Dell docking station or the Club 3D display port and just hook them up to my laptop with one cable. And the mount and monitors I will be good with.

Thanks for any help. You be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2016, 14:31 
Editors
Editors

Hey, apparently the Yoga 13's equipped with one of each: USB 2.0 and 3.0. The Surface however is only equipped with miniDP 1.1a which won't be adequate to pilot a DP 1.2 device - so again, USB 3.0 it is: get the Dell dock. With that cleared up, yes ! It will work as you say.