Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 19:27 

BHawthorne wrote:
Hrrrm, interesting looks like he's doing around 120 degrees or so. My main question is how are they handing the focus range on the screen? There has to be issues at the center and edges with clarity for text. You can hide a lot of issues in a 640x480 picture. What are they doing to not lose pixel height on the projection? Using an anamorphic lens or bouncing off a mirror? In my experience anything over 110 degrees FOV has depth focus issues. My current personal screen is doing 100 degrees per projector -- 90 per projector + 10 degrees of blend.

Found another video bhawthorne -- https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=35 ... =3&theater

The edges of the curve screen look pretty good. This would probably be impossible to pull off with a cockpit shell, unless you use mirrors. But for a one projector build, looks pretty sweet.

I'm back in Malaysia now, so I will check out the build first hand by myself.

BTW -- saw your post about project icarus -- looks like a good build for someone with limited space. I have tried e-mailing the Australian dealership but have not received a response. I think the setup would be pretty easy to make yourself; your only trouble would be trying to find large first surface mirrors at a reasonable price.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2013, 00:53 

Good effect with one projector! Tried out their sim yesterday.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2013, 20:30 
Insiders
Insiders

How much of their projection is lost outside of the screen area because of the aspect ratio of the screen? Depending upon how it's done you could lose 2/3rds of your resolution that way.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2014, 20:43 

Newbie here. I'm planning on purchasing a Optoma gt750 to start out, then eventually purchasing a 120 degree screen and a second gt750. Is it possible to warp the single projector to 120 degrees with "immersive display 2"?

Im primarily interested in racing sims. Is it difficult to blend he displays with immersive display 2? I'm also wondering if eyefinity will work with 2 projectors. I don't mind the low res because I plan to keep the screens relatively small and it's easier to push 2 720p displays with a single card. I'd rather have 120fps and lightboost than have 1080p.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2016, 09:03 

Hello all, I tried the Starwars pod and I am impressed.

With one projector (on further investigation it is a 1080p 4000 lumen NEC projector) and a custom fisheye lens, they have managed to achieve a '180' wrap around view in an enclosed space.

Here is a screenshot of the unboxing video (lens cover still on):

My question is -- would it be feasible to construct something like this for home use?

Are they using a lens similar to this one available on alibaba?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/1 ... 9.1.1ohG7h