Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 16:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 09:10 

I’m totally confused with my TH2G problem and I would very much appreciate any kind of advices. I bought a second hand TH2G and it is not working via dual link DVI cable. All three monitors are black and the led light is red. However, it is working via VGA cable but picture quality is not perfect. When I’m using 3840x1024 resolution (60 Hz, 32-bit colors) there is too much horizontal scaling and the circles are a bit like ovals. But the main dilemma is what is the problem with DVI?

I have tried TH2G with my older desktop computer and the same monitor setup (2 x Acer 24” and 1 x LG 24”) and it worked fine. I have contacted Matrox support and so far only advice has been please use the original 0.5 m DVI cable. Well, I don’t have it as my TH2G is a second hand product. It is also difficult to believe that this could be the reason as my setup worked with another computer via 1.8 m cable or is there something mystical with original Matrox cable?

My system specs are the following:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Windows 7 64-bit

I have installed the latest TH2GO drivers (1.11.0001.0511 2.07.01 GXM) and firmware (2.3.50). I have also the latest NVIDIA drivers (8.17.13.142). I have tested GeForce dual link connectors with dual link DVI cable connected to monitor and it worked fine. I don’t know is there any other way to test GeForce connectors? I’m not good with these things but for me that sounds like GeForce problem but I have no idea how to proceed. As I said, I’m very confused and in need of help…