Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 23:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2012, 13:51 

Take a look at this video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3uIhrSl9hY

How are you able to obtain these sort of views in FSX, No matter how much I zoom out mine never looks like this, of most impact is the way you can look left out along the wing. Normal wide screen view in fax is always forward unto 107 fov..

Post subject: Looks like they have 3
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2012, 22:49 
Insiders
Insiders

Looks like they have 3 cameras setup for each projector.

PostPosted: 01 May 2012, 11:37 

Getting closer now, someone recommended using windowsmaker from this thread..http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/23199-Windowmaker-tool-updated!
Using that tool I was able to create this view, which uses 3 camera positions..

Down side is the three small black lines which I will have to figure out if they can be removed..
Second job will be finding a way to get a better vertical FOV.. Simply put I need twice the height so I can see the lower half of the cockpit..

PostPosted: 01 May 2012, 12:03 

Ok even a little closer, by altering eyepoint using the FSX keyboard commands , shift + backspace and by stretching the fsx window down I was able to obtain this view which is much closer to what I want to achieve.. Of course this is all achedemic because when I try this on my 3 projector setup it will probably go all wrong.. Alsoi Iam sorry if this all seems rather remedial but searched many forums for the information to do this but never found a clear explanation, so Iam hoping this post will help others..

PostPosted: 01 May 2012, 13:52 

I was trying to decide which projector setup would be best to achieve the above view and have done a few idea mockups..

Top left you can see a close approximation of the wanted view..To keep the boxes to scale for these rough calculations I opted for 72cm as its simple to convert to 720pixels..
So far the closest match is actually 2 projectors in landscape 16x10.. To utilise 3 projectors would mean going with 4x3 mode, I know my projectors can handle 4x3 but not sure if the video card or FSX will like it..
The 2 projector option looks the best interms of size but I have the feeling that the curve of the screen is going to cause focus issue..

PostPosted: 02 May 2012, 19:51 
Insiders
Insiders

I use two projector all the time for 180 degrees with the GT720's. It'll not be that much of an issue other than your blend area is in your center FOV, so you need to make very sure you dial it in good.

IMHO, you'll fry your projectors if you go portrait. The thermals are not designed to use your projectors outside landscape modes.

I've quit using WSGF. If you'd like to ask more questions I can answer on the NTHUSIM site though.