Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2012, 20:14 

Hi guys ,

bought this game on steam , but its hard to run this game tripplescreen ,any advise or tips on this ?

the main window is on the left side monitor when game started not the middle one , and a fps of 9

i use matrox tripplehead2go digital +GTX680

Post subject: Similar problems
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2012, 07:17 

Hi Sneaker. I have the same issue. It's rather inconvenient to have to constantly be facing west when you are setting up the game. I would imagine that this is just one of those annoying bugs that may or may not be corrected in forthcoming patches. I found that the Matrox gives very strange aspect ratios at full 5070 X 1080 resolution, cramming the image into a standard 4:1 box in the center of the screen on each monitor. the frame rates are okay on the matrox, but the displays are very buggy. If you are running two Nvidia cards in SLI mode you could opt for the Nvidia surround mode instead. I found that while the displays are okay, the frame rates are a disaster. I put out a general distress call to see if anyone knows what I am doing wrong, so if I get any response, I will let you know.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 19:00 

Hi Sneaker...I solved the issue with COD. Simple. ......Dump your expensive Matrox unit and buy a couple of semidecent Nvidia cards. This resolved issues with screens, stretching, menus ending up in the wrong place or disappearing altogether not only with Cliffs of Dover, but a whole host of other games that I was trying to get running. It looks to me like now that Eyeinfinity and Nvidia are delving into multiscreen displays, Matrox has finally had its day as a niche provider. I have two aging GTX460s but I am happy with the frame rates with the eye candy would down to the minimum. At least, the games play MUCH better with just the Nvidia cards in operation without the Matrox. I will be upgrading to some 570s wihch should improve the graphics quality. Nvidia is definitely a superior set up to Matrox.

Post subject: Thread moved to proper
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2012, 09:18 
Editors
Editors

Thread moved to proper forum.

That's strange. Multi-mon support is *usually* not tied to a system, so I suspect Matrox's very specific refresh rate restrictions for 3x 1080p support to cause these issues.
I've added a note about this to the Detailed Report.

(Unrelated but... I lolled at "Cliffs over Dover". I imagined a bunch of elite pilots flying in neat formation, each of them named Cliff...)

Post subject: yeah , i have now nvidea
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2012, 21:51 

yeah , i have now nvidea surround and i can now run @ fullscreen... but the main screen of the game stil start at the left monitor .i think i have to live with that ..