Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 09:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 13:02 

hi all, I durrently have a Dell widescreen monitor and all is working as it should. I have just bought a projector and I'm wondering if I have it setup correctly. I think I am extending my desktop to the projector, so whenever I show something on my desktop I drag it to the left and it displays on the projector screen. To keep the room dark, whenever I turn off my monitor it then cuts the picture to my display. Sorry If i sound a bit of a noob but I dont know which settings to use or If I am doing this correctly. Also when the picture showed on the projector, the picture was a bit dark, using normal blu-ray it is fine. I also have an nvidia 3d vision kit but havent attemped to plug this up as of yet.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 13:21 

Would probably help if you added details like what projector, gfx card, what connections you're using etc. Also how you've got it set up within Windows.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 13:21 

Would probably help if you added details like what projector, gfx card, what connections you're using etc. Also how you've got it set up within Windows.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 14:38 

Sorry, of course.

Projector is the Optoma HD33
Gfx card = GTX 580
Windows 7 64bit.
connection = HDMI direct from Gfx card to Projector.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 16:14 

I think I have it just setup as an extended desktop ? I use normal HDMI from the Projector to the GTX580 and DVI from my monitor to the GTX580. I'm not sure if thats the correct way. I am also using the nvidia control panel.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 18:34 

At a guess I would say that when you turn off your monitor you are telling the computer that the whole display is off (or at least needs reconfiguring). Could you maybe turn the screen? Or dim it? Not sure other than that but maybe someone can shed some more light (pun intended).

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 22:29 

I know the fix for an AMD card and so the nVidia solution is likely similar. Make the projector your primary display before you turn off your Dell monitor.

Post subject: I use the Optoma HD33
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012, 01:18 

I use the Optoma HD33 projector as well, marvelous 3D picture!

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012, 15:28 

Hi

Is there a particualr reason to why you are using the projector in Extended mode? have you tryed switching the output with [Windows key+P] button on your keyboard to quick and simple set it to projection only or Clone mode?

BR
Aeros

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 01:32 

The windows+p hotkeys work perfectly, although when I select computer only it out puts to the projector, and when I select projector only it outputs to the monitor. No matter what I change, what I make primary etc I cant get them to swap the correct way round.