Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: ScreenGoo has reflective
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2012, 19:07 

ScreenGoo has reflective particles in the mix so it probably isn't what you're looking for. I tried it for my screen and it was way too bright. You probably want a neutral grey paint. Go to Home Theatre Shack and ask the DIY screen guys what you should use (it'll also be cheaper).

HTS DIY

The drop in image quality that you're experiencing is due to the warping function. You're effectively taking a 1280x800 image and compressing all the information in that picture into a lower resolution (yes, that's really what you're doing). Will work fine for games/video but fine features such as small font text will suffer.

Post subject: Perhaps take a look
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2012, 14:46 

Perhaps take a look here

Regards chris
Pixelwix.inc

Post subject: Re: 3 Projector Build
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2012, 07:27 

I'm wondering how this Optoma GT720 projector does with the DLP rainbow effect; I was steering clear looking at LCD. I did watch the YouTube video you posted however it's not the same as being there; does this projector produce that rainbow effect at all?

If not I will be sold on two for my 120 deg fov. .. Just haven't decided on front or rear projection.

Thank you for your input.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2012, 10:28 

From what I've read, it's people that can see the rainbow effect, rather than the projector producing it or not. I've never seen it, but someone else with their eyes could look at the same projector and see it if you see what I mean?

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2012, 22:16 

Iceking007 wrote:
I'm wondering how this Optoma GT720 projector does with the DLP rainbow effect; I was steering clear looking at LCD. I did watch the YouTube video you posted however it's not the same as being there; does this projector produce that rainbow effect at all?

If not I will be sold on two for my 120 deg fov. .. Just haven't decided on front or rear projection.

Thank you for your input.

I can see the "rainbow effect" if I take a white window and quickly move it around over a black background while blink my eyes quickly. I've never noticed it any other way so it hasn't been a problem for me.