Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 05:40 

Dumb question I think.

It states on the specs of my card that it can be done but I'm just paranoid. Here is what I am wanting to do.

Hook up three 23 inch monitors to a Matrox TripleHead2Go-digital to my gaming laptop that has a mobile HD 5870 radeon card. Close the lid on my laptop, set it aside, and then do some gaming! As it stands now, I have not come across any game I can not run on max settings but I'm just wondering if anyone else has done this or if there are any experts here?

I've already seen some videos on youtube of people doing it, I just don't know what their exact setup and settings were for the videos. Not to mention they are usng the desktop version of my video card. I'd love some replies so I can make a buying decision to commit to this and get the adapter and some monitors.

Post subject: Also, I only have a vga
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 05:47 

Also, I only have a vga connection, no DVI. Not sure if that makes a difference. I know my card supports eyefinity but anywho.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 22:06 
Editors
Editors

Just some things that came across my mind while reading yout post...

VGA doesn't support as high resolutions as DVI / DP... no idea how 5760*1080 would looks like!

an AMD Radeon HD5870M doesnt NEARLY have as much power as a Desktop HD5870!

http://www.notebookcheck.com/ATI-Mobility-Radeon-HD-5870.24428.0.html

7614 3D Marks Vantage, GPU only But still, works for Middle /High resolution with some games.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2012, 09:28 

Also, I only have a vga connection, no DVI. Not sure if that makes a difference. I know my card supports eyefinity but anywho.

The VGA only connection on the laptop may be a bottleneck hampering you from getting the higher resolutions