Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 11:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Gtx295 Problems!
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2011, 14:00 

Hello Everyone! This is my first post/topic here so please be nice :)

Right now I own an Gainward Gtx295 Graphics card but it don't run the way I want it to. The temperature of the card is always over 90'c when I'm gaming and it makes alot of noise.
Also, When is sometimes (quite often) goes over 100'c the monitors turns black.
For a while ago I also bought a PCI-slot cooler to the card, But it did't do much.

So now I'm thinking of bying a new graphics card, or maybe two and stop using the Triplehead2Go box. But I'm not really sure about what graphics cards work work out best for my setup. Got any suggestions? Any GPU(s) you would recommend? Would for example 2x GTX560 work better?
Thank you for all suggestions! :)

Specs:
3xHannsG Monitors (1680x1050 each)
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P7P55D Rev1.xx Motherboard
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80Ghz
Gainward GTX295 1792MB
850W PowerSupply.

Please tell me if I've forgot anything! :)
Ahh.. And the image is a snipp from the GPUs temperature.

Attached files

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2011, 14:49 

If you wont to use Trilehead buy Nvidia , sadly ATI have problems with resolutions

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 18:08 

I'm sort of actually in the same boat as you, though I don't have an overheating problem. My card in a 295 GTX from EVGA (sadly the version with 2 DVI ports).

I've done some research on upgrading up to something beefier, though. The ATI 6990 cards will give you the most VRAM you can get on a single card (which is the most important thing, especially when it comes to AA), but the downside to this is what your displays hookups are. If you want to dump the TH2G, you'll have to use Display Port to get the Eyefinity to work. Unfortunately, DP is a rather slow tech to catch on and if you don't have it on your displays, you'll either have to sink $300 for 3 DP-DVI active converter dongles or buy new displays. New displays with DP are extremely expensive as well. The dongles end up being cheaper, but still.

nVidia, on the other hand, has the EVGA 590 Classified card which comes with 3 DVI ports so you can use it with just about any recent display. It's also packing 3 gigs of VRAM- 1 less than the ATI counterpart. Alternatively, you can pick up another 295 and SLI them, which nVidia's site claims will work for Surround (2 DVI monitors on the 1st card, 1 DVI monitor on the second). Some late models of the 295 come with 3 hookups and can do triple display natively.

The EVGA 590 Classified is roughly equal in price to the ATI 6990 on Newegg, but the dealbreaker for me was that I'd have to buy the active DP dongles to get it to work with the DVI monitors. I suppose you could try to use the TH2G with the 6990 and miss the DP bullet, but in my experience over the past 3 years, ATI and TH2G don't do very well together and usually it's a little hard to get it to work at the maximum display resolution.

3x 1920x1080 Dell UltraSharp U2312HM

EVGA GeForce 680 @ 5760x1080

Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz (3.7 Turbo)