Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2011, 21:32 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx5eb5yTDQw

One thing I discovered about the Matrox Digital TH2G - it won't drive my projectors using a single-link DVI to HDMI cable. I messed with various configurations for nearly five hours before breaking down and buying three DVI-VGA adapters. :(

Is there some kind of config setting with the TH2G to MAKE it work with the DVI-HDMI cables I have? I'd rather not buy more.

tnx.

g.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2011, 03:53 
Insiders
Insiders

That seems dumb, i don't understand why it wouldn't work.... *thinks back to when he had a TH2Go*
Oh yeah it didn't work back then either. Which I found dumb.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2011, 06:39 
Insiders
Insiders

Cool, another Sol7 Pro user around here finally. Only seen NTHUSM users so far. :)

The configuration is going to be a small headache. You can add a bunch of control points where there is one per corner on each of the grid boxes in the screen though. At that detail of control point granularity it is a minor annoyance though because you're dealing with so many points to adjust.

Mouse over the row you want to adjust and then tab through fine tuning with the cursor keys (while hoping not to bump the mouse in the process). The only other suggestions I have are to use the O option in the configuration screen to open up pictures to do alignment with after you get it dialed in roughly. I typically have a few test grid pictures and then move onto city and nature panoramic photos to fine tune in the blending areas.

Might also shoot a carpenter's laser leveler directly at the mirror surface and dial in the control points using that as a baseline for alignment. Andy taught me that trick when we setup the screen at the first AMD event in L.A. last year. Not sure how dangerous that is for your eyes and a laser being reflected back though.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2011, 18:58 

I did the whole alignment using the keyboard. :)

I did use a laser level to define the vertical alignment of the center projector. Everything else was based on those two configuration marks.

At some point I need to crank up Nthusim+ and get it mapped in as well.

g.