Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 21:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: TH2G and Dirt 3
PostPosted: 30 May 2011, 17:06 

I just purchased Dirt 3 for the PC but it won't load when I click the desktop icon. I emailed tech support with all of my system details including the fact that I'm using TH2G. Their response was, "Can you disable TripleHead2 go?"

Naturally, I want to run the game on my 3-20 inch monitors. I'm having no problems with TH2G and FSX, etc. Is anyone running Dirt3 with TH2G successfully? Could TH2G be the reason Dirt 3 is not loading up? If so, is there any kind of solution to this problem?

Thanks.

Bob

Update: Well, I disabled TH2G and tried to boot Dirt 3 using a single monitor. Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue and D3 still would not load. I just emailed tech support with this info. So at least I know that TH2G is not causing this problem.

This is frustrating as everything I've read on D3 says it's a fantastic racing game. I hope I can figure out how to resolve this. Every other game/sim I have boots up without a problem.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2011, 23:29 

I have had the same thing happen with steam software including GRID and others.

As I recall, I wasted a lot of time using launch settings, but ultimately got it working again by removing and reinstalling.

I might have removed and reinstalled several times, and maybe removed some files manually.

Are you saying that you have never gotten it to work at all? Mine were working for a while, then failed.

John

Post subject: be sure and get latest
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2011, 04:44 

be sure and get latest directx and Microsoft Visual C+++ 2008. if playing on laptop, it wont work (according to min requirements)

Worked for me with 3 screens