Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2011, 07:21 

Hi,

After struggling at trying to get 5040x1050 working nicely with my 4-way setup I decided to go back and try my mview box, to see if that got around the 4-way surround issues.

I inputed these settings into the nvidia custom resolution panel:

Horizontal desktop pixels: 5040
Vertical desktop lines: 1050
Refresh rate: 60 Hz
Bits per pixel: 32
Timing standard: Manual

Active horizontal pixels: 5040
Active vertical lines: 1050

Horizontal front porch: 16
Vertical front porch: 3

Horizontal sync width: 16
Vertical sync width: 6

Horizontal total: 5088
Vertical total: 1080

Horizontal sync polarity: +
Vertical sync polarity: -

AND THEY WORK! As in the driver doesn't crash, it comes up with the proper resolution, etc etc...

However... it still says 'Test failed. Custom resolution 5040x1050 at 60hz (32-bit) is not supported by your display.' :x

Please help me :cry:

It's so frustrating because as I'm typing this message I have the resolution working - it looks fine too. But as soon as I click OK in the test box, it'll go back to the old resolution - 3840x1024@60hz.

I'm also going to try emailing the mview techs... I probably need an updated app as their current one refuses to install on my Windows 7 x64 Pro system.

Edit:

Typical... I try my TH2Go and it works first try. Some games are broken (AvP), but other games run great (Crysis, Metro).

Come on mview... I'm starting to wonder if your box does what it claims. And saying it only works under certain OSes and certain drivers is a cop out. I didn't pay $300 to be restricted to certain drivers and other arbitary conditions. And I'm certinally not changing my OS.

I suppose all I can do now is hope that they reply to my email :-

Edit 2:

OK, so they replied to me :) I have a new app to try and they also said they're putting out a new version of their software later this month for Vista/Win7 users. This is great news, if this works I'll be quite happy and use it instead of the Matrox box due to the 60hz support :)

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 09:54 
Insiders
Insiders

AND THEY WORK! As in the driver doesn't crash, it comes up with the proper resolution, etc etc...

However... it still says 'Test failed. Custom resolution 5040x1050 at 60hz (32-bit) is not supported by your display.' :x

Please help me :cry:

A little late to reply, but I figure I mind as well share this anyway - I remember having this happen when I had a matrox box, if you open up task manager and simply end the NVIDIA control panel process before clicking "OK" on the test failed window - it should remain at 5040x1050. Or well, at least it would for me.

PostPosted: 07 May 2011, 13:19 

If you have nvidia cards in SLI with multiple screens it is impossible to have a custom resolution, even if its the same resolution you are currently using. Its a bug nvidia does not care to fix.

Post subject: Re: Gravity Changes?
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 03:07 

He should be a stranger? Can she involuntarily to believe what he said that every word, no wonder she always said that her mind is only one, and it is a straight one, a bit turn No. I'm afraid people will turn her to sell her home first, also called together the sisters, together again to let people sell!
Fastener upset his mouth twitched, and then, in the peony on rude with a tablespoon of water, she thought to do other things, and I didn't mean to, but, he didn't look like the type!replica watches

Innocent peony flowers look pleased with oneself to avoid pouring water, but still avoid but bent.
Fastener continue to ask yourself, bad not so good-looking?

Until now she just thought confused in one's thinking, engage in a long time, but she was never gonna know who!