Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2011, 15:34 

A while ago I remember reading that to achieve a resolution of 5040x1050, you would need an extra DVI cable in addition to the normal setup. Is this still correct?
I think it was a dual-link DVI - Analogue cable of some sort.

Thanks
Michael

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2011, 19:34 
Editors
Editors

Nope, the only dual-link DVI cable required is the one that came with the TH2G unit and connects it to your graphics card. Standard single-link DVI is enough on the monitors side. No adapters are needed.

Maybe you got confused with AMD Eyefinity's DisplayPort and VGA adapters shenanigans. Totally different story (and forum). :wink:

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2011, 19:42 

A while ago I remember reading that to achieve a resolution of 5040x1050, you would need an extra DVI cable in addition to the normal setup. Is this still correct?
I think it was a dual-link DVI - Analogue cable of some sort.

Assuming you have TH2GO Digital Edition you will have received a short DVI cable in the box that goes between the video card and the TH2GO. If they didn't already come with your monitors you will need 3 x DVI dual-link cables to go from the TH2GO to each of the monitors.

If you have a later model Nvidia card (mine is a GTX480) and if you monitors can handle 50hz you should be able to achieve 5760x1080 (3 x 1920x1080) with the latest Nvidia driver and TH2GO firmware.

There is a TH2GO firmware update coming soon that will address the bezel management issue along with other issues.