Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 19:29 
Editors
Editors

Quite useless if you don't specify your monitor models imho ;)
If you really want to start this, please do so in a new thread.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 06:30 

:rockout
THX a lot! It works fine!

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 08:09 

has anyone gotten this solution to work on 3 acer x223 monitors. windows 7 64bit, core i7, 9800gtx.? Ive been trying but no luck with frequency's.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2010, 17:07 

Thx ! Runs Great with 3x226cw Samsungs , i7 , SLI 8800GTX on win7 64bit Ultimate !

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2010, 00:16 

Oh man what a great post, and thanks a million for the post, I thought it was my monitors that couldn't handle the 57 hertz. I spent days reinstalling drivers, the matrox utilities, searching and searching for anyone with close to a setup as mine that had this working. I joined this forum just to say thanks to you, I'm not a hacker by any means so the detailed fix you showed is definatly dummy proof. Worked on the first try.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2010, 21:22 

Hi,

I have been trying to use 5040 with my Nvidia/TH2go under 7 for several days. Even though I read your tutorial, I didn't succeed in using 5040 in some of the games I usually play.

Here are the games that work :
- GTA IV
- Dirt 2
- Warhammer online

And here those that don't work :
- Battlefield Bad company 2
- Hawx
- Mirror Edge

I couldn't succeed in having vertical refresh at 59.xxx. I'm on the deskop with the vertical refresh driver default. When I try to create a custom resolution the "OK" button never appears although the display is right.
Can someone help me ? It would be great to have a screenshot of what the Nvidia panel should be displaying when the custom vertical refresh is right.

My configuration
Nvidia GTX 295, CPU EE6600, Windows 7 64bits.
nVidia driver version 195.62
Matrox TH2Go Firmware THD_v2.3.40.t6.56
Matrox PowerDesk v64_gxm-veos_2_06_00_026_whql

Thank you

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010, 00:25 

Had TH2go running months ago, but the spotty support and old drivers made me sell 3 22" monitors in favour of 1 24" while the Matrox box sat on a shelf collecting dust. Then i happened upon an ad on kijiji for one of the Dell 30" monitors that i've been eyeballing for a while, but the price of it was still more expensive than buying 3 more monitors again.

Which prompted me to check out the TH2go situation, and low and behold there was a workaround for the problems I had before! So off I went to the shop, yesterday, to order another 3 monitors and after picking them up this morning and much tinkering (Ran into an odd problem doing a clean install of 7 64bit with the TH2G connected, connecting 1 monitor directly into the vid card solved it however, but i digress..) I am now typing this out looking at 3 brand new 22" monitors in [email protected] and am LOVING the extra screen real estate. I'd forgotten how useful it was. Now if only WoW would install faster..

Kudos to the OP and all those involved with the collection and testing of this info. :bowdown You've made my bank account smaller :lol:

:triplewide

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2010, 14:27 

Can one of you tell me which DX10 games played at 5040 on windows 7 x64 ?
Windows 7
Driver nvidia 195.62 Custom Res 59.500
powerdesk 2.06
Dell 3 x 24

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2010, 21:16 

Guys, I'm at my wits end here. I have followed the steps in the first post (and the longer ones in the 5th (?) post), and can't get this to work. I don't know if it has to do with any of the following, but here's what's happeneing, and I just don't know how to fix it after over 5 solid hours of trying...numerous times.

I had an Analog TH2G on my computer with three 19"-ers. Ran at 3840 x 1024 with no problems. Yesterday I got 3 Dell 2209WA's and the Digital TH2G delivered by FedEx. Disconnected the 3 19"-ers and the Analog TH2G. Set up the new Dells on a new ErgoTech 3-wide, connected the DTH2G with the DVI-I cables, downloaded the new GXM and PowerDesk software (from Paddy's posted links), and have had zero success getting anything to work. I keep ending up with only one of the Dells displaying at 1680 x 1050. I get no 5040 x 1050 resolution to select in Windows. The PowerDesk lists the 5040 x 1050 @ 59Hz, and it has a "check" mark next to it. But when I highlight it, I still can't get anything higher than ONE monitor for "display 1" showing a maximum resolution of 1680 x 1050.

I have installed 3 different nVidia drivers including the ones many folks have said now work with this, and re-installed the GXM update and the PowerDesk several times. But when I run the Setup Wizard, it shows my 3 Dells as:

"...2209WA (Digital) on ANALOG connection"

I got the nVidia Control Panel to let me set a custom resolution only ONCE...I had to use 59.350 to do it, just like another user here with the 2209WA's said they had to do...but I could never get Windows to show me a desktop resolution higher than 3840 x 1024. I made sure I did ALL the changes to the DeviceInfo.ini file...double-checked that during at least 4 repeated re-installs of the GXM and the PowerDesk during all of this. Now, I can't even get the nVidia Control Panel to let me set a custom resolution anymore. Interestingly, in the Control Panel I have TWO options now for a 5040 x 1050 resolution to select...one for 60Hz and one for 59Hz (they aren't in the Custon Resolution section, but the regular area of the Control Panel). But regardless of which one I select, it's still a no-go, as Windows still shows my "native" resolution as 3840 x 1024 (nothing higher).

When I uninstall the PowerDesk and "re-update" the GXM, my desktop DEFAULTS to a 3840 x 1024 resolution across all three monitors, and Win7 says that is the RECOMMENDED resolution. I'm lost.

I'm running Win7 64 on an i7 maxed out at 4GHz. Single GTX285. This should be working, as I've seen a couple posts already from folks with the same setup and monitors I now have. I'm just totally frustrated right now, and probably doing something very ignorant. I've read the "help" HTML file for the new PowerDesk, and it's possible I may be mis-understanding something I need to do I'm not doing. But I'll be darned if I know what...I've tried the instructions here FULLY from start to finish at least 5 times now.

If anybody can shed some light on this for me, I'd be very, very appreciative. If you did get this all to work with the Dell 2209WA's and the latest software, and are willing to walk me through this, send me a PM and I'll call you long distance at MY cost. I've got 3 new monitors on a new ErgoTech stand and a new DTH2G collecting dust right now.

Thanks. :?

EDIT: Disregard the above help request. After a 6-hour nap, I took it all on again. Took 3 more tries, but I finally found a combination of nVidia drivers and all the other stuff that made it work. FWIW, I had to change the order of the steps shown to make it work, but that might have just been my computer system specifics...who knows. I just finished making a complete new Disk Image of my computer. There is no way I want to go through the above ever again. :)

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 00:44 

OK, all seems to be working, except for one thing. If anybody here is using Flight Simulator X successfully with this fix, I'd appreciate your inputs about it.

First, my specs:

Win7 64 Home Premium
i7 975 @4.0GHz
12GB DDR3 1666
GTX285 driver 196.21
3 Dell 2209WA monitors
TH2G Digital
Latest GXM and PowerDesk software listed in this thread

I got 5040 x 1050 to work by using 59.350 as the refresh rate. But in FSX (I don't notice it anywhere else) I seem to have...I'm not sure how to describe it, so I will call it...a "phase" issue. Like clockwork, about every 2 seconds there is a "horizontal line" that scrolls from the bottom to the top of the monitor display. It is not a line that displays on top of the FSX display, but more like an "out of sync" line separating two different "screens" or "frames". It causes some strange things...spinning propellers will appear to "block horizontally" image-wise. Ground scenery will appear to "stutter" as the line passes over that area of the monitor from bottom to top. I've tried using VSync both on and off, but it is still noticable.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Could it be driver specific? Am I haveing some sort of "refresh sync" issue? I haven't seen anyone else here report anything like this. It is the ONLY thing remaining that is preventing me from being in FSX nervania right now. I have rock-solid 30+ frame rates with no other issues in FSX. But this small problem is distracting enough to ruin the experience.

Appreciate anything anybody can offer, especially if you are using the 3 Dell 2209WA's, GTX285, and 5040 x 1050 with FSX. If I can solve this, I'll add you to my Christmas List. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next