Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009, 00:05 

I am having bad problems with this nutty gxm software. It minimizes some games upon starting for some reason and I can't get into the game because as soon as I maximize the game it re-minimizes it. I get all manner of wackiness with this software. It's nice to have the bezel management feature but this gxm is causing more problems than it's worth. Anyone know how to stop this?

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009, 13:31 
Founder
Founder

What game? What version of GXM?

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009, 23:32 

many different games. I think it has something to do with resolutions that arent supported by the gxm software. Sometimes a game will load up and the load menu will not be a standard resolution and gxm minimizes the game due to that. Test drive unlimited has this problem. FSX starts up minimized but at least allows you to alt-enter after the flight loads. Grid wouldn't even start for me lastnight even though it used to have no problems. The gxm software just flips out.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2009, 04:23 
Founder
Founder

I used to have problems in Guild Wars on an older version of GXM. I'd just kill GXM before I played. Have you tried that?

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2009, 15:00 

Well theres only the matrox service to kill and then after that you have to kill all the TSR's through task manager. PITA to do that every time. GXM has some serious issues with many games minimizing them.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 04:46 
Insiders
Insiders

It also happens to me. It seems to want to run internal test screensaver then the game minimizes. I have to killtree GXM to get a few games to work. Eve Online and a few others.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 04:51 
Insiders
Insiders

I have this issue as well. If the game is not at certain resolutions. For one reason or another the TH2Go Dosn't like certain resolutions (Mostly Single monitor Resolutions).

For instance, I will load up Halo, or Halo 2 ( agame that can't do massive Widescreen Resolutions) and then it'll minimize and I wont be able to un-minimize it. I'll have to restart it and change a CFG file back to a standard resolution. Like *Shudder* 1280 x 1024 And have to stretch the game.

The TripleHead Dosn't even like 1366x768 or 1440x900 (My Monitor Native Res). When i try to play a Game at my native res, it actually sends a Resolution Bigger than 1440x900 and my monitor tries to scale it, while whining that it's too big. I don't know what's wrong with the TH2Go but it's rather Disconcerting that It can deal with rather Standard Resolutions on the Fly.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 19:26 

It also happens to me. It seems to want to run internal test screensaver then the game minimizes. I have to killtree GXM to get a few games to work. Eve Online and a few others.

You got it. I see the black screen with the GXM logo on it and then bam the game gets minimized. It's all but impossible to run TDU. I have to maximize the game like 15 times and hit enter each time to get through the menu parts before the game changes to the 3840 rez and GXM is no longer flipping out. I know how to fix it but it's a PITA to have to go through that every time I want to run a game that it has issues with, not to mention you can't use the bezel software with GXM disabled. I looked everywhere for some kind of exclusion list or to add a rez but every rez I can see is already checked in the GXM setup.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2010, 01:27 

I know, this is a older Thread, but i think i have found a good solution for the "Game minimize it self at Start problem"
I have write a batch that kills the Matrox.PDesk.Core.exe Process before the Game starts,
and restart the Process after 40 Secounds.
Works very well for me. Tested with Test Drive Unlimited.
For example:
Code:
taskkill /IM Matrox.PDesk.Core.exe /F
   start TestDriveUnlimited.exe
   ping /n 40 localhost >nul
   C:
   cd "C:Program Files (x86)Matrox GraphicsPowerDesk"
   start Matrox.PDesk.Core.exe
   exit

with this Code you can create the Batch for your Game.
Copy the Batch in you Game-Installfolder, make a Shortcut to the Desktop and run it. You will see, it works.
The Commandline close it self after restart the Matrox.PDesk.Core.exe Process.

You can also change the Time for restart the Matrox.PDesk.Core.exe Process after killing.
You need only change the value /n 40 = 40 sec to another value. Maybe you need a higher value. For TDU on my System was 40 sec. good.
Dont forget to edit the Programmname and Paths for you Game/System.
Sry for my bad english. I hope it helps someone.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2010, 16:49 

Hey thanks for the snippet of code, I was having a related problem with Zoom Player (my media player of choice). It would think full screen playback was the zone 1 I had created with the Matrox PowerDesk (so that windows maximize to current window when in Nvidia Surround mode)...

I wrote similar code to kill the matrox processes, launch Zoom Player, then restore when done...it even will after launch notice it is not running in minimized window, and restart itself in minimized mode...

=========================================================================

@ECHO OFF

SET PATHM=C:Program Files (x86)Matrox GraphicsPowerDesk

SET PATHZ=C:Program FilesCombined Community Codec PackZoom Player

C:

CD "%PATHZ%"

IF "%2" == "" start "" /D"%PATHZ%" /min zplayer2.bat "%1" "X" && exit

taskkill /IM Matrox.PDesk.HookHost.exe /F

taskkill /IM Matrox.PDesk.HookHost64.exe /F

ping 1.0.0.1 -w 500 -n 1 > nul

C:

cd "%PATHZ%"

zplayer.exe /PR:0 /Z "%1"

cd "%PATHM%"

start /B Matrox.PDesk.HookHost.exe

start /B Matrox.PDesk.HookHost64.exe

exit

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

16GB DDR4 | Win10 x64 | 3x27" Asus IPS @ 5760x1080 | Samsung 970 1TB NVMe