Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 May 2024, 23:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 01:05 

I followed the instructions on updating firmware, evrything, like 5x.

IT DOESNT WORK!!

I have 3x dell 2408wfp a01 revision....

rest of my system is in my signature. Please help.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 01:53 

Maybe if you are more polite and apologize for you rudeness someone will offer assistance.

I can understand a person being frustrated with the TH2G, but insulting the product, company and being short with people who are offering free help that could offer them almost no personal gain is not the right way to go about getting help.

If you have not already, you need to download the Matrox triple head 2 go mode expander tool and add your desired resolution.

You also need to test one of your displays connected directly to your computer and use your nVidia drivers to set it to your desired resolution color depth and frequency for an individual screen on the TH2G to make sure that they will accept that input.

If you hit any snags during this process come back and we will see what can be done.

I would be willing to use a remote assistance program like crossloop to give you a hand.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 03:12 

Maybe if you are more polite and apologize for you rudeness someone will offer assistance.

I can understand a person being frustrated with the TH2G, but insulting the product, company and being short with people who are offering free help that could offer them almost no personal gain is not the right way to go about getting help.

If you have not already, you need to download the Matrox triple head 2 go mode expander tool and add your desired resolution.

You also need to test one of your displays connected directly to your computer and use your nVidia drivers to set it to your desired resolution color depth and frequency for an individual screen on the TH2G to make sure that they will accept that input.

If you hit any snags during this process come back and we will see what can be done.

I would be willing to use a remote assistance program like crossloop to give you a hand.

Honestly, I never meant any rudeness towards you, and if I did, I apoligize.

I am completely frusterated with this product. This is just another example of why this product is so hard to work with.

I appreciate your help in this matter.

I use windows vista 64 bit, and when I try and run this tool I get

"There is no Matrox Triplehead2go connected to this computer. This program will now exit."

I am going to try and install the latest nvidia drivers , and start the whole process over again to see if that helps.

Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 03:35 

That sounds less like a nVidia driver problem and more like a USB device connection issue.

Is the TH2G directly connected to the PC USB port? Ie not through a HUB.
Is there an "unknown device" in the Device Manager (under the USB port section, may not have a Yellow "!" to make it stand out)?

One other thing that may catch you out is you have to manually change the monitor driver from "Generic PnP" to Matrox Triplehead2Go Digital, again in device manager (update driver, then browse to the Matrox Graphics folder: C:Program Files (x86)Matrox Graphics IncPowerDesk SE).

Nice system btw.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 04:33 

Yeah real nice, quite similar to my main rig. Don't give up on the TH2G. You seem to be having terrible luck with it.

Apology accepted.

Matt had some good advice.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 06:31 

The usb is connected to the main port behind the computer.

I went into device manager, and under monitors it said "generic pnp monitor". I followed the instructions to change the driver to "Matrox Triplehead2Go Digital Edition".

Driver version for this reads 1.0.0.4. Driver date 6/6/2008.

I went back to see if I could now select the new resolutions, and still can not.

My monitors support these resolutions (I tested them as suggested).

Not sure what else to do. Seems to be a driver issue.

There is no unknown under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Stanard Enhanced Pci to USB host controller
Standard OpenHCD USB Host controller
Usb Root Hub
Usb Root Hub

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 09:51 
Editors
Editors

Vista and/or nvidia driver ... ?

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14366

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 10:39 

Rereading your posts it I see you dont have the FW on the TH2G yet, so concentrate on that. Do you have another PC, connect it to that just over USB and do the update there. On Vista OSs try running the updater in admin mode.

Is this a new/confirmed working TH2G Digital Edition and you are definately using the file vxp2k_THDE_v2.3.40.t6.52.exe ?

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 17:17 

In your recounting of what you most recently did I did not see you use to mode expander tool. You need to do that too. Maybe I just missed it.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 17:40 

[quote]Vista and/or nvidia driver ... ?

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/9330]

Yeah this is the exact problem I am having. Thanks for pointing out this thread.

Its too bad matrox doesnt have their website updated telling people their product does not work as intended with vista 64 bit and newest nvidia drivers (which have greatly improved many games in sli).

They realy ought to support this product better than they do.

I have 24 inch screens and 3840x1024 is just not cutting it, especialy for work.