Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 May 2024, 23:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 02:15 

Hi , I have just set my TH2G setup , everything work fine but I always have the error message not optimum mode display on the screen every time I power on a screen or change a resolution .

I have 3 samsung 2252bw

its because I run at 57hz and the monitor optimum mode is 60hz . I have search and it seem no way to remove this message . I need to press exit on all 3 screen every time I boot my windows or change resolution .

anyone have a fix for this ?

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 02:51 

No fix that I know of, it is a pain...I even emailed Samsung about it but got told to ring them up which is likely even more futile than emailing them, so I didn't bother. You can alternatively wait 60secs for the message to clear...the wait has increased my tea consumption somewhat.

It's not only 57Hz users it annoys, I believe PS3s throw up this message too (assumedly at 24Hz in BluRay movies). I seriously doubt there's anything retroactive Samsung could do without recalling the screens, I see no connection for firmware flashing and it's not like a TV which can update over the tuner.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 03:31 

thanks no choice to live with this .

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 09:15 

No fix that I know of, it is a pain...I even emailed Samsung about it but got told to ring them up which is likely even more futile than emailing them, so I didn't bother. You can alternatively wait 60secs for the message to clear...the wait has increased my tea consumption somewhat.

It's not only 57Hz users it annoys, I believe PS3s throw up this message too (assumedly at 24Hz in BluRay movies). I seriously doubt there's anything retroactive Samsung could do without recalling the screens, I see no connection for firmware flashing and it's not like a TV which can update over the tuner.

I was looking into EDID and some flashing of monitors, it is possible to do it with a DVI cable :roll: . Don't ask me how or what but it is possible.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 12:22 

That's interesting, though I assume you aren't hooking the DVI cable up to a graphics card in this case...

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 16:44 

Would love to know how to disable these boxes as well. As of now I usually just tap the menu button on the front of my main one and let the others time out.

Running three 2043BWX's.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 00:57 

Not sure, just a guess here, but maybe one of the timer like the osd one might control the error message as well, like setting the osd to dissappear after 1sec might make the message do the same? Long shot of course since needing an ok likely means it won't be affected by it.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 01:00 

There is a menu timer option, but it does not affect the 'not optimal...' message :(