Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2008, 17:41 

The requirements are for a DX10 card for support of the new modes and yet they are okay under XP which is is limited to DX9, what's the significance of requiring a DX10 card then...?

Also, seen someone else ask it but since the box is now capable of native 1680x1050 displays and key switching between 1 display and 3 is there any reason why they couldn't develop the firmware to allow non-identical resolutions from the three outputs at least as far as the horizontal is concerned?

My 3 x 1280x1024 on a 8800GTX is running very nice, not sure what the increase in pixels in going to 3 x 1680x1050 would do but I'm also not sure if 22" wide displays would actually be too large for my use unless I sat further back.

A single 22" in the middle flanked by two 1280x1024 displays (would have to sacrifice 26 pixels off the middle vertical to match) would be a nice option.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2008, 18:18 
Editors
Editors

See here and here for a debunk of the DX10 "requirement".

I'm not a TH user so I'll leave the other questions to someone else with TH experience.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2008, 07:14 
Insiders
Insiders

It's not really a DX10 requirement. They just say DX10 requirement because the cards that support the max pixel width to get over 4096 also have DX10 abilities. One does not need to run DX10 to use the max pixel width those cards have though. DX9.0c works just fine with those cards. By thier naming methodology, your setup meets the "DX10 requirment".