Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2008, 21:53 

Hi all;

I just purchased a computer with a 24" monitor. I have decided to add a TH2G solution for my racing. From everything I have read and seen, the resolution with 24" monitors will be terrible with TH2G.

I do have a Viewsonic VP930b (19") and was looking to purchase 2 more. It has a 4:3 aspect ratio and native resolution of 1280x1024...perfect! However, I see that this monitor has been discontinued; I cant even find one on ebay.

So, I'm gathering that I will need two 19" monitors of another make and/or model.
1) Will this look/work Ok?

2)Are there any recommended 19" monitors that anyone can recommend for mixing and matching?

Thanks in advance for any and all answers.

Post subject: 19"Monitors
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2008, 23:09 

See my picture under the screen shots...I use the 19" Dell Ultrasharp monitors...small bezel and great clarity...then get you a monitor mount for your 24" and put it on top for other stuff...really sweet

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008, 20:20 

If you mix monitor models you will probably have a hard time getting the brightnesses and colors to match on all three screens. I doubt you'd notice when gaming (since you are focused on the center screen) but it might be distracting on the desktop.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008, 22:40 
Editors
Editors

On the other hand having panels sitting side by side on your desk is the best way to compare and adjust colors an stuff ;)

Mixing monitor brands/models is not an issue, except they probably won't be at the exact same height, or tilt at the same angle and so on... This could result in frustrating 'breaks' throughout the display.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2008, 08:28 

As far as looks go.. You'll never get the uniformity of three identical displays... For the right heights and the likes I would get the Ergotron triple display stand... but it's fairly expensive.