Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2008, 21:55 

Hi there,

I noticed that there are a lot of G25 users on the forum and would be very grateful if someone could help me with a small problem that I am having with mine.

I find that the engagement of the clutch takes place just a whisker of the floorboard and makes it a bit difficult to take off comfortably. I thaught that it should engage about half way out. I have tried to adjust the S1 Axis sensitifity ( clutch axis ) with no difference and also the Digital Clutch Rate in "Rates" but again with no difference. Perhaps there is somewhere else that I should be adjusting that I have ot found.

Lets say, to measure the full movement of the clutch from 1 to 10, my engagement is happening practically at 1.Any help would be appreciated.

TokTiny

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 11:23 

Hi there,

Is there not even one person with a G25 that can help me ?

Just let me know if you find the same as I explained or if it can be adjusted.

Come'on guys I need help !!

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 13:57 

The clutch pedal on your G25 is an analog pedal just like your gas and brake. At whatever % a game considers the clutch "in" or not depends entirely on that game and can vary from one game to another.

Post subject: Re.Clutch Pedal on G25
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 20:04 

Many thanks for your reply ,much appreciated.

When you say that the engagement point is more or less decided by whatever game you play. My main game is rFACTOR and this is the one that I more or less took as an example. However I also play "GRID" and "TEST DRIVE" and to be honest I dont find much difference between any of them regarding the engagement point of the clutch pedal. I will put it to you this way if the clutch in my car performdthe same way I would have it in the garage to be replaced immediatly.

If you play rFactor how do you find the clutch performs ? Very much like to hear your assessment.

Again many thanks

TokTiny

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2008, 15:59 

:) i dont like any gmotor racegame to begin with, i tried it in race07 demo and it was terbile :)

try live for speed see if thats any better( alto there clutch is far from perfect its quite good)

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2008, 00:08 

Sorry, I only play iRacing.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2008, 09:53 

You need to download and install a free little utility called "DXtweak2".

This allows you to change the various axis on your controller in a variety of ways - including a customisable dead-zone. You will want to add a dead zone at the end of the clutch pedal's travel. You can adjust where the dead zone starts and finishes with a little slider control, and hence change the clutch grab point to wherever your heart desires.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mr Pibb

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2008, 20:57 

Hi there,

Many thanks for your much appreciated replies.

I have downloaded DXTeak and it certainly does what you said. Unfortunatly I am using XP SP2 and it is not completly compatable as the Deadzone setting will not persist (as they put it themselves !! ).

I have found what this means in plain english is that you can not set a deazone but however I can move the clutch grab point as you say to a more acceptable location. I have moved it off the floorboards and up about half way which is great.

Again my sincere thanks for telling me about this tweak which even though it can not provide me with a deadzone due to me useing XP Pro, it has provided a great improvement .

Toni

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008, 20:23 

My main game is rFACTOR and this is the one that I more or less took as an example. However I also play "GRID" and "TEST DRIVE" and to be honest I dont find much difference between any of them regarding the engagement point of the clutch pedal. I will put it to you this way if the clutch in my car performde the same way I would have it in the garage to be replaced immediately.
A racing clutch is very different from a road car clutch; in most racecars the clutch is almost an ON/OFF switch. So, don't expect much slip from your G25.

Having said that, I understand the frustration in not having the bite point where you would like it. In rFactor, adjusting the axis "sensitivity" (this is really the axis linearity) should move the bite point. Are you sure you're adjusting the sensitivity setting for the correct controller number?

Post subject: Re.Clutch Problem
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2008, 21:23 

Hi there

Many thanks for your reply and my apologies for not replying immediatly but I have been away and have just got back.

The answer to both your questions is yes, I did try "Axis Sensitivity" and it was the correct controller but I am afraid with little or no difference. As you can read from my previous mail I tried a suggestion from Mr.Pibb and it helped greatly.

Again I appreciate your interest.

Regards

Toni