Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 08:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2007, 21:57 

I dont have my triple head setup atm, waiting for an ergotron stand to arrive, but just wondering if there are any triple head armed assault screenies about, I did a quick search and it looks like its native triple head support from a post in widescreen solutions

if it works good ill defo be buying it, track ir and triple head support (woot)

thanks in advance

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2007, 04:38 

You will need a pretty good computer to play it, especially in TH2Go.
Its one big resource hog I'm afaid.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2007, 07:26 

Please, I'm begging somebody to post a video or screenshots of Armed Assault. There is a DEMO that just came out. You can try it out. It does infact come with native TH2G support.

This is THEE game I will be playing for the next 2-5 years and I am about to upgrade my computer to [e6600/8800GTX/2gigRam] and buy TH2G. I already have TrackIR, so I am getting ready for an awesome experiance :)

I know this system will be considered "high-end", but realistically, how well will this game play at such a high resolution? This is a VERY demanding game, but people have been getting good frames with maxing everything with similar settings, but still at 1280 resolution. So what can I expect at 3x1280? Will I have to lower most settings to achieve a decent frame rate?

Please, someone that has a similar "high-end" system, take a little time and play around with this demo and see what performace you get. Any kind of benchmark you can do would be great (ex. MissionX at Xsettings, i get a stable Xfps after 10 seconds. ex.2 What do you see as an average frame rate while in heavy combat vs. secluded environment.)

Even though I'm asking personal favors, that aside, if you are into a massive warfare/combat simulation (but honestly, words dont due this game justice), TRY this game. If you are not aware of it, it is the "new" operation flashppoint that came out 5 years ago. I have the full version, but in the demo you can supposedly use the mission editor. This allows you to create anything senario you want! (complicated, but once you learn about it, it is capable of so much. The demo version editor is supposedly limited though). That and the free mods that will be coming out will keep this game alive for a long time. For me personally, this game shines for online co-op (on comms, public servers are not great sometimes). You can make your own missions and keep interested for a very long time. Or you can play against others, or you can play single player (the default campaign is not great), but you can download unlimited free missions/campaigns online from the community's creations.

Sorry, but I have to plug this game, because it's just too good. $40 (in US on may 1st) and it will last years, because all the free content (addons/mods/missions/campaigns). I'm really happy this developer isn't EA, or everything would cost over $100 and they would probably charge to play online :lol:

READ the features here....
http://www.armedassault.com/features.html

Download the demo here....
http://www.armedassault.com/dwnl_demo.html

But, please help me and others out by posting screens and/or video(s), but also some kind of benchmarks!

Thanks in advance (hopefully :D)

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2007, 22:34 

here what you want :D

also i make the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXC5sQDgEeg

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2007, 23:21 
Insiders
Insiders

I have got TrIR4 and TH2g and with ArmA it is awesome. My rig handles it at HIGH detail setting but (importantly) with the view distance set to mac. I dunno if ArmA is optimised for SLI or not. If not SLI optimised your rig will be fine max eye candy; and if it is just knock the shadows and stuff down a bit. I am not playing it at the moment, trying to finish STALKER. I will post some framerates if you want to wait a bit.........
.......... :wink: Well I just played a quick Mission 1 Blood Sweat and Tears. I did the ambush then ran into the base, solo, and took out the OpFor APC crewmen (sniping from a building across from the camp). Then min FPS (according to FRAPs) was 27- didn't notce it, average 36, max 58 (running in I would imagine! no bad guys)
So it is definitley playable, I haven't tweaked the settings since I got my TH2G, so I might drop some vid settings I don't care about in order to gain others- as I said I just set HIGH and maxed the view distance for these frame rates.
I hope this helps.
By the way it will take you a while to get used to using the TH2G, it didn't for me with STALKER but I found it weird initially. But the FOV is awesome, and a little head twitch with TrIR means you can scan a massive area
Good luck- GO FOR IT! 8)
M1.9P

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2007, 12:37 

Thanks guys. I didn't think anyone would ever respond, heh.

I did get my computer, but I didn't go with the 8800gtx, instead the 7950gt as a card to hold me over for a little while, then I will upgrade when the time is right. Realistically, I seriously doubt this card can handle ArmA+TH2Go with good fps, so I will probably wait until I upgrade the gpu.

====================================

If either of you can do me a favor (this is also somewhat of a favor in return).....

I have made a few mods for ArmA ("TrueMods") and I would like you to try 2 of them.

TrueHeadMovement v1.0
-------------------

- Realistic Head Movement Freedom.
- Unlocked Gunner Views and TurnOut Views.

This is a MUST for TrackIR users. ^

TrueFov-Accurate v1.0
-------------------

- New Responsive, Smooth, & Consistent FOV / Zoom Settings For Your Virtual Eye.
- Increased eye "zoom" to match as close to real-life size on a 19" monitor as possible (Actually tested).
- Increased "zoom out" for more peripheral vision / quick scanning.

This is the mod in particular that I want you to try.

- Normal FOV was decreased to 0.72 instead of 0.95. This should get rid of the ugly fisheye effect.

- I made the zoomIn equivalent to real-life size on a 19" monitor. This should be VERY immersive for you TH2Go guys as it is with just one monitor. I can't imagine 3 :shock:

- I also made zoomOut farther for peripheral vision. This zoomOut might be too much for TH2Go users, but TH2Go/12:3 actually simulates this feature better because when you zoomOut with this mod, you get 150 degrees of view, but I have a feeling the game might not render this much.

Here is the thread with the DOWNLOAD

======================================

I hope you can take some screens and/or video while using "TrueFov-Accurate"

Thanks guys and I hope you enjoy the mods.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2007, 19:33 
Insiders
Insiders

LOL, thanks mate I have both installed already
I am a regular visitor to armaholic.com :wink:
The 7950 is a good card TH2G and ArmA with lower settings should be OK, disable shadows, and terrain (can't see anything through the grass anyway when prone- I always have it low!) and the view distance- fine if not sniping and you should be OK. Just a guess tho!
Good luck

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2007, 03:23 

LOL, thanks mate I have both installed already
I am a regular visitor to armaholic.com :wink:
The 7950 is a good card TH2G and ArmA with lower settings should be OK, disable shadows, and terrain (can't see anything through the grass anyway when prone- I always have it low!) and the view distance- fine if not sniping and you should be OK. Just a guess tho!
Good luck

So, you have my latest release? ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1750 )

Can you take some comparison screenshots of arma using "TrueFov-Accurate" and not (default game)?
- Normal view (No zoom)
- ZoomedIn
- ZoomedOut

I would like to see how they look with TH2Go compared to the default game.

Thanks,

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2007, 04:31 
Insiders
Insiders

I am actually playing MOHA atm, will see if I can squeeze some time in this weekend..

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2007, 10:54 

I am actually playing MOHA atm, will see if I can squeeze some time in this weekend..

Thanks man, it would be much appreciated! :D