Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 09:04 

oh my, gamebraking for me....

This is from this beta weekend, i dont understand funcom, eyefinity works with age of conan, which uses the same engine

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The too big interface seems to be a small problem, but
texts are not complete visible.... well thats makes it a no go for me :(

1st: [email protected], MSI X58 Pro-e, 24 GB Tripplechannel 1333, TUL R9 280X and Powercolor 7970 @ Crossfire with 2x Samsung 226CW 1x Dell P2210 @ 5040x1050 and Iiyama 2250MTS @ 1920x1080, Bequit Darkpower P8 1200W, G13, G15, G35, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Rudder, Saitek Yoke, Obutto R3volution Cockpit
http://ralfesser.de

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 13:36 
Insiders
Insiders

Yep, it does the same thing in surround! I think it's pretty poor when it's only 2 weeks or so away from release. I'm with you though, I won't be signing up for this if the support isn't there before the game is launched! It's a interesting game, and way different to the normal MMO's.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 13:37 
Insiders
Insiders

Yep, it does the same thing in surround! I think it's pretty poor when it's only 2 weeks or so away from release. I'm with you though, I won't be signing up for this if the support isn't there before the game is launched! It's a interesting game, and way different to the normal MMO's.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 00:31 
Editors
Editors

it's horrible! Not only the HUD is completly messed up! no i get totally weird graphic bugs, aka missing textures, when using 6048*1080 pixel!

Video:

http://youtu.be/fMJcx78YouU

Attached files

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2012, 23:37 
Insiders
Insiders

Is anyone getting this game? I actually loved it so much that I've signed up for the life time (grand master edition!) so now I wont be able to eat for a few weeks, but I think it will be worth it. I'd like to know if anyone else has been hooked by this game?

As for Nvidia surround/eyefinity - I play the last Beta and the main screen is better, with the icons(skill bar) not taking up as much screen, and you can also scale them. Major problems are that there is a lot of 'artifacting' going on and the mouse becomes over accelerated or starts acting weird at high resolutions (5760x1080). I contacted Funcom and asked for a comment regarding this issue and this is their reply:

"As of right now SLI is currently being worked on and eventually will have full support. As of the 5760x1080 resolution I am afraid at this time in game we do not support that size. This is not to say that there are not any 3rd party fixes or that some players in the forums have not had success. We are just unable to support it at this time. Let us know if you have any other questions."

Regards,

GM Robvon

Funcom Customer Service

I think down the track it may be something that just happens - but as I told the Funcom guy, there isnt that much to do with it, to make it work. You can select the rez ingame, and it appears to scale well. The cut scenes are zoomed (I think that makes them vert-) which sucks, but most of the other stuff can be worked around (except maybe the mouse, that is bugged in high rez).

Anyway, just wanted to hear if anyone else is getting this game, or was in the last beta?
cheers

Spoon.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 20:40 
Editors
Editors

not getting it!

Was fun to play. But somehow the Skills are all the same! i've skilled both standard Sword trees, and took a little look at the (was it 5 or 7 ?) specialications! They're lame. AND you're limited to 7 ! i disliked that very much in GW, maybe 10 or 12 okay.. but 7 ??? And on the other hand you're limited to 1 *end of Skill-tree skill* so you cant have Blade AND gun ultimate skill.

And i don't realy feel like playing that game for long. Maybe here and there 1-2h but then the... 11$ ? per month would be to much!

But the Story seems nice, the Graphic is okay, the quests are cool. But its just not Enough to make me wanna play it.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 11:52 

Iam playing, not in Eyefinity tho... anyone know of a thread on the forums?

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2012, 11:09 
Insiders
Insiders

Iam playing, not in Eyefinity tho... anyone know of a thread on the forums?

I was about to direct you to a thread I started...but you already found it :)

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2012, 16:33 

I'm surpised not many people in these forums play TSW, this is the only thread here about it since launch.

here's Spoon thread in the TSW Forums about multimonitor support, i hope funcom looks into those soon

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=43054

MY Surround Gaming Rig

Core i7 3770K @ 4.5 Ghz - 16 GB Ram - Crucial m4 256 GB SSD - Corsair H100 + Haf X Case

2 x Nvidia GTX 570s in SLI + 3 x Dell UltraSharp 24" IPS Panels (Nvidia Triple Surround Enabled)

Post subject: Don't know if anyone is
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2012, 06:57 

Don't know if anyone is playing (or still playing) The Secret World, but I've started up an Illuminati cabal (guild) if anybody of you AG peeps want to join. Feel free to add me: my main is MarySue.