Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: PLP help
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2015, 04:07 

currently I post about PLP SETUP ON NVIDIA surround..but someone told me that works only on amd cards(eyeifinity)..so sold my two gtx970 card to buy .amd card I got r9 290x 8gb ...but when trying to set on PLP ..the middile monitor set on portarait mode also.

try to search again shows wrks only r9 285 cards?
is there way works on r9 290 cards.huhuhuh pls help

Post subject: Re: PLP help
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2015, 19:44 
Insiders
Insiders

Sorry to hear about your purchase error. But you can play most games using Manual PLP techniques, with any graphics card. I've been doing this for quite awhile now, & have had great success.

But it is more work than Eyefinity PLP & results not always as ideal (e.g. stretched HUD or FMVs, or borderless requirement). Despite this, Manual PLP is a lot of fun to use, looks better than supported LLL (IMO), & is satisfying for a PC tinker (because you take the responsibility of spreading these games with minimal support).

Per-game instructions are posted for Manual PLP here (in no particular order). These instructions are only for games that have been tested.
http://www.wsgf.org/blog/imusrt

Here's the guide to help with these instructions (maybe should start here). Also there's help for untested games & piles more info available, if you follow the links on the guide.
http://www.wsgf.org/blog/imusrt/2015/03 ... structions

(Wolfenstein The New Order 2014, manual PLP)

As for your R9 290, you will never receive Eyefinity PLP support for it, because the card itself lacks the new modification for mixed-orientation.
R9 300 series is coming out shortly, which will also support Eyefinity PLP. AMD is finally backing PLP \m/.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2015, 11:19 

thank you very much,,i already order 2 r9 285 yesterday to my friend while im crying.huhu.my mistake I both stuff that even don't know it will work perfectly ,,

Post subject: R9 300 series released
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2015, 19:38 
Insiders
Insiders

R9 300 series has now released, available for purchase.
New R7 series & also R9 Fury X water-cooled flagship releasing shortly (I think).
All these will provide Eyefinity PLP support, being new AMD releases (although for the R7 series, it's logical but I am not 100% certain).

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2015, 01:10 
Editors
Editors

Are you sure the R9-390 does support PLP? Any Official news about that point?

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2015, 02:26 
Insiders
Insiders

I was going by what Skip was told by AMD rep when R9 285 released. He said all future AMD cards would support mixed orientation. I took it as a promise; the tech has moved forward. Statement is either in this forum somewhere or was in private email. ...I can't find it.

I have not found anything online that states this by AMD. But it was stated by legit insider to Skip, so seems solid. Skip likely remembers details, could ask him.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2015, 08:00 
Insiders
Insiders

imusrt wrote:
I was going by what Skip was told by AMD rep when R9 285 released. He said all future AMD cards would support mixed orientation. I took it as a promise; the tech has moved forward. Statement is either in this forum somewhere or was in private email. ...I can't find it.

I have not found anything online that states this by AMD. But it was stated by legit insider to Skip, so seems solid. Skip likely remembers details, could ask him.

I expect Fiji and Tonga to have PLP support, but PLP require new hardware. Unless that hardware has been added to the cards, I don't see any of the rebrands with GCN 1.1 or less having PLP support, although I don't know for sure.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2015, 19:12 
Insiders
Insiders

Moved my response, this GCN concern deserves its own thread. I am worried ;)

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=29079