Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2014, 16:48 

Hi, new to Eyefinity, I've just bought a 290x, and I'm amazed at ultra widescreen gaming. :mrgreen:

But I have a problem that I'm finding difficult to find a solution.

When in Eyefinity mode, and I start a game I have setup to 1920x1200, the game starts, but the outside monitors enter sleep mode, and I hear the disconnected sound from windows, then connected, and so on, meanwhile on the center monitors that is going blank and giving image, I can see the game for a second and then hear the disconnected sound, again and the center monitor goes black, then comes on again (meanwhile the side monitors are in sleepmode all the time) until the game normally crashes from the monitor changing modes.

This has happened to me in TF2, Portal 2, Spintires (until I edited the config file and entered the correct resolution there), and other games. Tomb Raider for example did change automatically to the right resolution and didn't give me problems (as Assetto Corsa). Portal 2 I was almost able to change the resolution but before I could it crashed and returned to windows (meanwhile it was blank center screen, image for some seconds, and blank screen again).

Does anyone have any idea of what might be causing this?

I'm using the beta drivers (since I have 2xDell 1920x1200 (2410 and 2412h) and a HP w2207h at 1680x1050). I had one of the Dells with a DP cable, changed to DVI to see if I got the same result and it gives me the same problem.