Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 04:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2014, 21:36 

Hi,
I'm needing some help here before I made an impulse decision to buy myself yet another monitor.

I'm using the new 14.6 drivers for eyefinity, I have two 1920 x 1080 Monitors and one 1440 x 900. I've set it up all fine, don't really mind about cutting off a few.. (hundred) pixels.
My issue is this. My main monitor and right monitor are the 1920 x 1080, and my left is the 1440 x 900. I've set up my group, it works and looks great.. But the centre(crosshair) is obviously off. (I've made an absolute terrible diagram, because I am terrible at explaining things).

It looks something like this. Is there any way to fix this? I'm lost for ideas.. Is it maybe possible to stretch that 1440 monitor to 1920 and have the extra 480 pixels hiding off screen somewhere, if you see where I'm coming from..
Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2014, 05:07 
Editors
Editors

It is going to do this because the games put the crosshair in the center of the display. Since the center of your total Eyefinity resolution is offcenter, your crosshair will be, too.

The easy fix would be to put the 1440x900 monitor in the center. You would loose something because of it (either viewable material on the center or use of part of the wings). The other solution I could think of would be to somehow fake extra horizontal pixels. I'm not sure you can do that with Catalyst, though.

I've got a 1440x900 monitor lying around. I can toy with it, but no guarantees.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2014, 17:52 

What size monitors?

You could use a bit of a CRU cludge to drop one of the 1080p monitors to 1440x*
and then scale with gpu but placing it in the middle as stated above would probably look best.

Also, what game? Maybe SoftTH would work better for you.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2014, 19:25 
Editors
Editors

I think, with using AMD Catalyst, the best option is to put your 1440x900 monitor as your center monitor. Haven't been able to do anything else.