Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17 May 2014, 18:32 

I switched from Nvidia to AMD recently. With Nvidia Surround, it was easy to input bezel compensation as number of pixels, but that doesn't seem to be possible with Eyefinity.

I get the triangles setup screen, but every change I make only increases the resolution, regardless of direction. I click the triangle adjust arrow once and it increases my desktop width by 768 pixels.

How do I reset it completely? If I delete & recreate the Eyefinity group, it remembers the old values for bezels.

I found one place in registry where the resolution is stored, and changed it manually, but rebooting put the wrong values back.

PostPosted: 17 May 2014, 21:00 
Editors
Editors

so your problem is that your 7680x1440 Eyefinity Resolution jumps to 8127x1440 when you activate bezel compensation and you cannot reduce that ? The yellow triangles to not move in the correct way ? thats it?

which version of CCC and GPU drivers do you use?

PostPosted: 18 May 2014, 10:20 

The width jumps to apparently random value when I select "Adjust bezel compensation". I managed to get it close to what I want now by having Windows's own screen resolution window open at the same time and observing the changes as I adjust the triangles bit by bit.

It doesn't fit to my logic that x resolution decreases as I move the triangle parts further away from each other though... anyway, now I know how to get it working, it just takes time.

Catalyst version 14.4, CCC 2014.0417.2226.38446.