Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 07:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2013, 09:44 

schreinereiner wrote:
I'm afraid my test run with the Accell hub will have no happy ending and I will be returning my unit.

While it resolved tearing completely I am now also dealing with monitors going into power save ALL THE F@#$%!NG time. I've played around with power settings both on the pc and monitor, different DP cabling, and monitor settings without success. It's not entirely predictable and just switching between Catalyst presets usually leaves me with blank monitors that need to be powercycled. Sometimes that doesn't help either. I've had occurrences where on boot none of the monitors powered on. Once I get them to stay on I do get non-tearing eyefinity on my three monitors but the erratic behavior of my monitors going into power save mode just isn't worth it. *sigh* :evil:

All these monitors going black and other such modes might just be a basic problem. It could all be from the power source itself, with so many things plugged in to 1 outlet or even a room at a time could drain it to a point some things start failing, or just protecting itself as a built in measure. As you increase the load of power drain be it from anything that ramps up the power consumption, just be even surfing the web.
You will have to try something else by running the power from that MST to another room or possibly other end of house. Most rooms even several, will be running from one source, that’s outlets and possibly Lights, depending on the Elect that wired the place. I am a Carpenter by Trade and seen a lot Different ways each Elect like to wire, I also build and rebuild a lot of computers, got 20+ years of parts in basement :). But one thing almost all of them like to do is, since most bedrooms are in one area and usually never running much of a load, be it 1-4 rooms all plugs will be on 1 circuit, dens, living rooms, kitchens and such rooms almost always on their own circuit, so best run from one of them.
I have even had slight monitor shuttering due to this just before the computer locks up, and/or CTD's to compensate for power loss. Allot of the newer Surge arresters the last several years, even have dedicated plugs marked for certain things, reasons for this is if power starts to drop, it starts dropping connections itself protecting such things as the main PC as well. We use to see this a lot when we upgraded to newer Graphics cards but not upping the power supply as well, and in doing so we start a game and seemed like we lagging or we just always CTD, that’s the mother board reacting to the low power as well.

Hope this helps and works as its last idea I got for what’s happening.
PS sorry for long explained post, just like detailing reasons behind something’s, and possibly giving insight that may help for other reasons :)

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2013, 11:39 

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster. I bought a Club 3D MST hub a couple of months ago to use with my Matrix Platinum. Prior to this, I was running 2xdvi 1xDP with active adapter to my three Asus VN248H screens, I was getting the usual screen tearing and noted that the temps on my card at idle were about 10 degrees higher than running a single screen on the card (3 screens idle at 42c, 1 screen idle at 31c). The VN248H's only have HDMI and VGA inputs (I bought them for the bezel). I also noted that when running the screen through the DP adapter that particular screen would not come out of sleep on it's own and I'd have to reselect the input on the monitor itself to fire it back up. This did not happen when it was connected via DVI with a passive HDMI connection.

I got the hub mainly for the screen tear. To be honest I've been nothing but impressed with the hub since I bought it, whilst it does have a couple of issues I feel it does a very good job over using the bulk of inputs at the back of the card. One of the greatest benefits I've found was the reduction in temps on the card when using the hub, I'm assuming that as the card when it has three inputs in use is converting signals on board (as mine are HDMI monitors, it is actively converting the DVI signals?) the onboard "chippery" is working hard to both "do the graphics" as it were but also to push this out to three monitors that aren't native DP (this is my assumption, please don't shoot me down in flames if my understanding is incorrect!). Now with the hub installed, one DP connection into the card and three passive DP to HDMI cables from the hub to the monitors and all is well and with 10 degree lower temps at idle and load. Sweet!

However, all three screens now need to be power/input cycled whenever the machine goes to sleep or reset. Slightly annoying but isn't a deal breaker. I have had the issue when one of the screens goes blank but usually an alt tab out of whatever I'm in (usually BF4) to desktop and it will fix. The worst I've had to do was pull the offending monitor from the hub and put it back in and it worked again. I do feel though, all in all, for the £90 I paid the hub was well worth it for my setup (i.e. 3 HDMI monitors) and has removed screen tear and excessive heat which was my main concerns.

So, whilst it's not perfect, I certainly feel the hub is a worthwhile investment, especially if you're running non-native DP monitors. I actually thought the power/input cycling was more a problem with my monitors than anything else, I've certainly seen people complain about this away from the hub so that might be worth investigating first? Just my 2 cents...

All the best,

Sarge
:triplewide:

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2013, 12:48 

Hi all

Just wanted to give some input from my experience with the club 3d mst hub. I recently upgraded my computer from a I7 2600k with 2 powercolors watercooled 6990, which had 4 mDp and a DVI outputs with the Apple active mDp to DVI-D dual link for 120hz. I am running WSGF 5P Benq XL2410t (120hz) monitor setup.

So for my new setup I kept my displays and went for a 4770k with trifire 290x but with only 4 outputs I knew the only way to get 5P was with a mst hub ( XL2410t only had DVI and HDMI inputs).

So to make a long story short I installed my windows 8.1 but the mst hub reported only 1 screen instead of 2 and the problem was it the resolution 3840( 1920x2)x1080 which is nice for landscape mode but not for portrait and I had the same lost signal crap as mentioned before in this thread.

Because I cut my monitors down I can't to landscape because the monitors no longer have any frame round it...

So I decided to try my windows 7 version instead. 8.40 minutes later windows 7 installed, in with AMD catalyst 13.12 restart and tada I had 5 individual monitors all running 1080p 60hz hit create eyefinity 5p mode and for the first time it really worked!

5400x1080 60hz no screen tearing what so ever No Frame latency to what so ever. Compared with my previous 5p 120hz this 60hz is much better experience it really feels like 1 monitor. AMD finally got it together and it's an awesome "product".

So club 3d mst hub is working like a charm at least for now.

Hope this helps people.

Happy new year!

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2013, 20:30 
Editors
Editors

Hi,

May i ask why you can't do 120hz ? HDMI won't support 120hz.... is thats it ?
MST DP hub should work for 2 screens 1080@120hz right ? and then you still have 2x DL-DVI ports.
The problem is the HDMI port right ?

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2014, 21:17 

Haldi wrote:
Hi,

May i ask why you can't do 120hz ? HDMI won't support 120hz.... is thats it ?
MST DP hub should work for 2 screens 1080@120hz right ? and then you still have 2x DL-DVI ports.
The problem is the HDMI port right ?

Hi

Well from what I read and your free to change my mind the HDMI 1.4b standard makes 1920x1080 120Hz possible.

My problem with the HDMI seems to be my monitor XL2410T which is spec. for 120Hz but I believe only on the Dual DVI input, so there is one problem. But the only specification I find on the R9 290X HDMI output is that its 1.4a and support 2.0. Which obviously says nothing, but the HDMI out might/should be able to deliver 120Hz 1080P.

Second "problem" is that the mst hub should do like you wrote 120Hz 1080P 24b color on 2 outputs but again my dear monitors dont have DP input so Iam currently running 290x->MST hub->DP to Dual DVI cable (which is passive) so I can only get 60Hz there.

2 Dual DVI outputs are ofc capable of running 120Hz.

So what I need (I think) is

1: 2 DP to Dual DVI active adaptors for the mst hub outputs, I havnt found any yet that are 100% sure to work,
2: 1 HDMI to Dual DVI active adapter. (If the 290x HDMI is able to deliver it).

So you/anyone got a good tip of these 2 adapters that really WORK, that apple minidp to dual dvi worked but it was a heek of a effort to get all to work simultaniously.

But there you have it, advice is very welcome on how to go forward from here, though I soon gone tear my gear appart to install water cooling on all the cpu, motherbord and gpus.

Ps

And now I switch from 290x hdmi to hdmi, 290x hdmi to dvi and oboy did the picture quality improve.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2014, 18:12 
Founder
Founder

Ironcraft wrote:
So you/anyone got a good tip of these 2 adapters that really WORK, that apple minidp to dual dvi worked but it was a heek of a effort to get all to work simultaniously.

But there you have it, advice is very welcome on how to go forward from here, though I soon gone tear my gear appart to install water cooling on all the cpu, motherbord and gpus.

I used one of these with my Retina MBP and my 21:9 2560x1080 monitor. It's mini-DP, but it's much cheaper than the Apple version (or any other version I've seen).

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2014, 20:29 

skipclarke wrote:
Ironcraft wrote:

I used one of these with my Retina MBP and my 21:9 2560x1080 monitor. It's mini-DP, but it's much cheaper than the Apple version (or any other version I've seen).

Ah okej thanks for the tip. But I sold my 2 6990 for 3 290x, and they don't have mini dp. Only 2 dp 1hdmi... And 2 dvi. So what I am looking for is a hdmi to dvi 120hz adapter and dp to dvi 120hz.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2014, 02:23 

Alright, sorry to Necro thread, but I'm having the same sort of issue with this hub. Fixes screen tearing on my 3 DP monitors but get the blanking screen effect on all three monitors, one at a time and seemingly randomly.

So same sort of issue even when running with displayport cables and no other adapters besides the Club 3d MST hub!

I'm not sure what to do to fix this, might be better just to live with screen tearing and go back to 1x DP 2x DVI.... :(

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2014, 23:47 
Insiders
Insiders

Anyone can check triple monitor configuration with INTEL haswell IGP on displayport??

I have H81TN mobo + G3220 cpu + club3d mst hub

main monitor i plug to hdmi port on motherboard + mst hub on dp (in mst i use two dp outputs bcoz i have only dp/dvi adapters for now)
DP @ DVI ACTIVE and DP @ VGA ACTIVE

when i plug dp hub to dp port i get info (intel dp topology or something) and see two displays
In prosperities i see only one (one main and one from dp hub)

but overall i get all black screens (except main which is plugged to native hdmi port on mobo)

I have two brand new mst hubs and on both the same situation :(

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2014, 15:39 

Greetings, Here I will explain my problem with the Club 3d MST Hub (CSV-5300).

I have a modest PC but pretty well optimized and functional, I like the multimonitor option and I have gradually grown from two to three and now five monitors.

My setup is:
ASRock 870 Extreme3
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor
2 ASUS Radeon HD 7770 (HD7770-DC-1GD5-V2) (Crossfire)
2 ASUS R9 290 (R9290-4GD5) (Crossfire) (NEW)
Kingston HyperX Grey DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 16GB (4x4GB) CL9

The point is to have an Eyefinity environment, five monitors must be able to connect to the same graphics card. For this reason I have acquired the Hud MST.

After the basic installation, configuration screens in the system seems to work well. Detects and monitors allows the creation of the desktop.

The problem is that none of the three monitors working. All displayed in black. Every 10 or 20 minutes, the image appears a few seconds.

Monitors are:
1 DELL E1909WDD (Displayport)
2 BENQ GL951A (VGA to Displayport)

The resolution of monitors is 1440x900/60Hz and in Portrait mode (5x1p).
Would I like to know what the problem is, you need special monitors?
Does not support 16:10 monitors?
Now my logic fails to understand what the problem is.

I need help, thanks...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7