Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 13:58 

Defcoms wrote:
I'm using the new 13.10 driver since yesterday but I was using 13.8b2 since I had the hub.

Defcoms are you using a mini dp to dp adapter for the connection to your computer?

I guess we'll see I did the:
1. Remove all old drivers.
2. Reboot and get in the OS
3. Shutdown
4. unplug all devices and cables.
5. Reboot
6. Plug in the devices.
7. Reboot
8. Install the drivers.
a. AMD cat 13.10
9. Reboot
10. Set up the hub.

As suggested by support.
13.10 lost a monitor during the setup right after the driver was finished installing.
Adding it to a display group turned it back on but I'm not to confident that the driver resolved any issues.

Maybe the hub has a problem using adapters of any kind or that I have them on both ends.
I'll try the club 3d mini dp to dp adapter next. I'm using the one that came with my Devil 13.
Since it came with a 1k card I would expect it to be a quality adapter but who knows.

I'll keep you posted.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 14:14 

I don't know what else to try sounds like you have covered everything I would have done. You using windows 7?

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 14:25 

Windows 8

Ordered the Club 3d mini dp to dp adapter from Germany guess we'll see in 11-30 days if that's the problem.
I did notice today that plugging and unplugging the mini dp connection for the driver install steps I must not have had it seated all the way and only one of the 3 monitors turned on.

I'm hoping that maybe that adaptor is the problem.
At this point I'm just on a mission to solve the problem I could go back at any point to not using the hub since I only had screen tearing when sliding windows around in windows 8 never in games.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2013, 07:00 

Hi all! I'm having the same issue with random monitors blinking off using the Club3D displayport mst hub. I'm a design engineer and work alot in Solidworks and other engineering programs while also watching movies, working in Office, and generally multi-tasking my butt off so my system is probably a bit different than what most of you are running. Apparently I am way ahead of other pro-side users and can't seem to find much in this topic except on gaming forums so maybe by posting my issues in here we can figure out a solution. I just got it all running this evening and am having issue (randomly both time between blinks and which display) with 1 display at a time going black for a few seconds and then coming back on by itself. OK, so a bit about my setup:

HP Z800 Workstation
Dual Xeon Hexcore E5645's
48GB Mushkin Silverline Memory
Intel 520 Series 240GB SSD (OS & Programs)
Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB for storage
AMD Firepro V5900 (Just cleaned and fresh-installed Catalyst Pro V12.104)

2- ASUS VS247 (HDMI) passive DP adapter
1- Acer H233H (HDMI) passive DP adapter
1- Club3D DP MST Hub (aslo bought from amazon from link on this thread, took about 2 weeks,
had to swap power cable for US 110V style)

I'm running all 3 HDMI passive adapters off the mst hub and the hub is plugged into the DP on the card. second DP and DVI port on the card are unused at his time. In addition to the monitor blinking I am also seeing quite a bit of multi-colored pixel storming (just learned what to call it) on all 3 monitors, especially noticable on dark backrounds but I've read this could be due to older cheap-o HDMI cables. Maybe by seeing the same issue on a workstation card using the Catalyst Pro Software, someone will be able to figure this out and get it solved. I'm sure there are lots of you out there who would love to see this fixed before dropping the money on one of these hard to get hubs.

Willy

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2013, 13:03 

Hey Willy,

I've been working with Club 3d support. They are working on a new firmware for me to try on my hub. I should have it in a couple days.
I'll post the results and firmware here once I have it.

I'll let them know that you're having this issue as well.

I looks to me like it's pointing to a hub issues with this range of hardware.
My Sons AMD my Intel and your Workstation.

Willy are you running Windows 8?

I think defcoms said he is running 7 and he's not having the issue.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2013, 13:59 

Yeah I am not having any issues with my hub at all. I am not running any active or passive adapters though. The only adapter I use is to connect the hub to my GPU, it's a mini DP to DP adapter that came with my MSI reference 7970's. All 3 of my monitors are the same spec wise. 2x Asus ve278q, 1x Asus vk278q the center screen just has a web camera but all 3 are native Displayport monitors. I do have a active dvi adapter I could hook up to on of my screens to test with and see if that screen drops out.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2013, 15:48 

Oliverm3, Thanks for the assist! I did forget to mention I'm running Win 7 Pro x64.

As a trouble shooting update, I unplugged one of my monitors (the ASUS in case it matters) and plugged it directly into the 2nd DP on the card (by way of the passive DP-HDMI adapter). That monitor now does NOT blink off, only the two running throught the MST Hub now. i consider that a step in the same direction you are leaning that it's an issue with some aspect of the hub and I for one would love to see a firmware update make it go away. The fact that Defcoms is running Win 7 without any DP adapters downstream of the hub supports this as well.

I was going to test out my DP-DVI and DP-VGA adapters but I see that you are using DVI and I'm on HDMI so that probably isn't the issue. Instead, while we wait for that firmware update, I will try switching to running my identical monitors off the Hub and the odd man out through the card directly and see if it is possibly an issue with adapters and different monitors. Every little variable elimination should help them figure this out :) Thanks again guys!

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2013, 18:03 

I am wondering how they would update the firmware.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2013, 17:02 

I guess they take them apart for the firmware because I just heard back. They want me to return the hub and they'll send me a new one with the updated firmware. Hopefully they ship one out first before I have to return this one.

I guess I could run without for a bit but the screen tearing annoys me.

I guess we'll have a wait a couple weeks for the next status update. I'm sure that it's going to take a while for me to get my new hub from the Netherlands.

I'll keep you posted.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2013, 05:32 

Thanks for the update, do you have contact info for them that I could use to get the ball rolling on my hardware issue or are they wanting to see if it works before they claim it as a fix?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next