Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 19:57 

Okay so i;ve been enabling and disabling eyefinity which is a major pain because of how my windows act.. So i can setup Hydragrid to breakup my display into thirds which is similar to when i'm using the windows resolution. I love being able to drag my application to a specific display and then using the windows7 snap feature to quickly resize the open window to occupy half of that one display but with hydragrid, windows is unable to recognize each grid or zone to make the snap to feature work nicely. So then if i want do make the effect work like that, i have to add grid columns to break each of my 3 displays into half which again is just fine. But now if i want to get a program to quickly attach to the grid and take up the entire monitor, i cannot do so because it will now only take up half of the screen.

So what i am trying to figure out is this: Is there a way that with Hydragrid, that i can attach a window/app to the grid and have it span multiple adjacent grids?

Example: Picture my 3 displays split up evenly into 6 groups, so each full monitor has 2 grids. And i want to be able to use that half of the screen at times but i also want to be able to open for instance, Outlook and have it occupy the entire left monitor, or the first 2 grids. Is this possible?? It is very simple and fast to do when eyefinity is disabled and i'm using the Windows screen manager because i can bring my app to that screen and maximize it to fill the display or i can hit Win + Left Arrow and then Win + Right Arrow to make a couple of explorer windows each take up half of the screen.

Its tough to explain in words what i'm trying to do but i think i made it clear. Please help me if possible!!! Thank You

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2014, 20:42 

Snapping Windows to monitor size is independant of the HydraGrid layout. Simply use the "Maximize Windows" button and it will snap to the monitor size. A double click on the titlebar will not work, this will maximize it to your entire Eyefinity group.

However there is still a bug where, once you have used one of the HydraGrid snaps, the Maximize to Monitor size sometimes will not work correctly anymore.