Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Sep 2024, 04:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2010, 16:39 

ACCELL has the WORST customer support of any company I've ever dealt with!!! I sent an inquiry/problem report a WEEK ago and have yet to get even the decency of an auto reply to let me know they received the email.

I'm returning the two ACCELL adapters I've already bought and will NOT EVER buy another ACCELL-made product. None of the ones I've bought to date [THREE] have worked at all. AMD should withdraw the "certified" status of any of their products, IMHO.

~Windows 7 x64 Professional~MSI X58A-GD45~Intel I7-950~6x2 GB DDR3 1600 RAM (Triple Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX HD 6950 2 GB GDDR5~3 ViewSonic 24 inch LCDs in Eyefinity~SATA Dual Layer DVD RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~Done with Vista~XP Pro on the way out, too!~AND....250 GB XBOX 360~

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 10:58 

I bought the new sapphire active display port to DVI adapter to replace the dell display port adapter. I was having problems with the dell one working with the newer ATI drivers. I was having problems with the display going black sometimes. After get the new Sapphire adapter I have not had anymore issues with the display going black with my 5850 card. I wish they had sold this adapter earlier. :D

I just went ahead and brought the HIS version of the same adaptor (chances are it's the exact same one since it has no branding). Problem FIXED. These new "2nd generation" active adaptors are the way to go. No more randomly losing display a boot time, changing resolutions, switching between Eyefinity/extended display, which means no more stuffing around unplugging/plugging in the adaptor! Woohoo!

FINALLY I'm done with all these issues which have plagued me since day one. :D

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010, 11:30 

Hi,

I just wanted to post my information here for others to see. I had a HIS 5770 with my 3rd monitor running on a Dell Active DisplayPort to DVI - see here http://www.scan.co.uk/products/dell-bizlink-active-displayport-to-dvi-%28dual-link%29-adapter-1080p-ready

It worked for a while at first but then I started to lose the DP connected 3rd screen as many others here have too.

I live with it for a while and eventually decided i either replace my 5770 or get one of these http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/3468/quick_review_sapphire_radeon_hd_5770_flex_1gb/index.html this card would give me 3 screens without the need for the active adapter and I'd get crossfire too. So i figured it was worth a go. I didn't get the retail pack in the review above i got an OEM version from pixmania (i didnt know i was getting this, but whatever). The bundle i got didn't come with the HDMI to DVI adapter, so i thought i was screwed. I said i'll set it up andway and can get the adapter myself.

Ok so the interesting bit. On the new card I used the same Dell Active DisplayPort to DVI for the time being and it didnt drop the DP connected monitor at all. Screen was up for over 16 hours yesterday. So it wasn't the adapter in my case (or at least the adapter works now with a different card). I'll update this post if I have any change.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2010, 18:44 

Picked one of these brand new apple active mini display port adapters http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB571Z/A up on ebay for $70.00 and it works great on my new ATI sapphire 5970 which I have connected to 3 acer G24 monitors (1920 x 1200) x 3 = 5760x1200 with eyefinity. I also tried it with my visiontek 5850 which has a normal display port so I bought this adapter http://us.startech.com/product/DP2MDPMF6IN-6in-DisplayPort-to-Mini-DisplayPort-Video-Cable-Adapter-Male-to-Female and it works great on games such as Arma2 combined ops, ROF, F1 2010, BFBC2.
So for under $100 dollars this works for me :) I previously used a matrox triplehead2go digital for the last 2 years and only got a max res. of 3840 x 1080. :(

few links for adapters that may also work.
http://us.startech.com/product/DP2DVID-DisplayPort-to-DVI-Dual-Link-Active-Converter%e2%80%93USB-Powered

http://us.startech.com/product/MDP2DVID-Mini-DisplayPort-to-DVI-Dual-Link-Active-Adapter–USB-Powered

http://us.startech.com/product/MDP2HDMIUSBA-Mini-DisplayPort-to-HDMI-Adapter-with-USB-Audio

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2010, 19:49 

I use the powercolor single link active DP > DVI adapter, works like a charm, no issues what so ever. Was 30 bucks cdn.

These days you can find me:

Vanguard - Exmortis/Falcron/Treager/Goraag/Scrotal/Phailse - Telon Server

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Gen3/Gskill 4x4 DDR3-1600cl7/i7-2600K/7970 Lightning/24x27x24 eyefinity/Corsair K90/Corsair AX850/Revo3 240/ocz Vertex 3 240/WD VelociRapter 600/Corsair 600T/Logitech 5450Z 5.1

The priest asked "Who are you?"

And the voice replied "Legion for we are many."

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2010, 20:27 

I use the powercolor single link active DP > DVI adapter, works like a charm, no issues what so ever. Was 30 bucks cdn.

Ya I Tried one of these adapters with my set-up too, but I could only ever get 2 monitors to work at a time?? unless maybe it works at a certian or lower resolution? What resolution do you run it at?

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2010, 20:00 

After replacing the Accell adapter with the new sapphire active display port to DVI adapter all my problems were solved. Flickering problems were becoming very frequent for some reason (didn't have them that frequent at first). Changing the usb port of the adapter helped a bit but the problem was still there. The sapphire adapter was the cure in my case. I have been using it for the past two months without having even one time a monitor flickering or any other kind of trouble. Highly recommended if nothing else works and it's much cheaper than the Accell adapter.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2010, 04:50 

I ordered a saphire active DP adapter. Will it still work fine if I use a DVI to VGA adapter on top of it as well?

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2011, 13:46 

{CT} I just wanted to write a follow up on my experiences.

I was using a single 5770 with 3x19 inch monitors. Had 1 screen going black (not the flickering issue) so i got a 5770 with a HDMI output that will do 4 displays (3 without a DP adapter): http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-248-SP&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1515

So my thoughts were to go crossfire and use a HDMI - DVI cable to cut out the DP adapter altogether.

At first i didn't need to, the 3rd screen stopped going black, but i did start to get the flickering on my center DVI connected screen (also I was getting issues with text on dragon age being too low - off screen). Eventually the 3rd screen started going black again.

I switched to my HDMI-DVI cable (removed the DP adaptor) and everything is now fixed. No black screen, no flickering and the text issue which from what i'd read was believed to be an issue with the game or the drivers is also fixed.

Could this mean the flickering issue was related to the active DP adapter, even though it was not on that screen. I dont know, but i'll post any updates if things change. Perhaps the clocks in the active adapter don't sync correctly or something. I'm guessing now so i'll stop.

*EDIT* Scratch that - i still have flickering. No black screen thought.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2011, 06:28 

bought the sapphire adapter and got rid of the accell . big difference. no more continuous blinking. once in a while, the display port screen will blink or go out of sync but never a need to reach back and pull the plug from port to reset.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next