Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2011, 19:04 

Hi.

I have two 6950 to connect to three Dell 3008WFP 30" monitor. The only way to have all three (with Eyefinity) at 2560x1600 is using two Display port connections + one DVI Dual Link (3008WFP doesn´t support HDMI 1.3, so cannot use HDMI for 2560x1600), but they have native Displayport inputs. When I connect two of them (any combination) to the graphics card (any of both GPU, with or without CFX activated), the monitor who is not the central monitor suffer severely from flickering.

I checked the cable, and buyed an extra one. Doesn´t matter wich of them, the one is connected to the non-central (virtual) monitor (can be any of the real monitors, as I tested all three monitors as the central one) suffer from flickering.

Both cards run at stock speed and has not been flashed at any time. I run with windows 7, updated to today, latest drivers from nvidia page. I´m not using any adapter, only miniDP to DP cables, and I need both DP outputs to work (in fact, both outputs works, but not when used at the same time).

It seems a solution could be to update the mem/core speed to the same in 2D/3D (when a new ERB version supporting 6950 comes). But I have no more ideas.

Also waiting for Gigabyte response.