Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 30 May 2010, 22:37 

This is weird. I can't seem to disable GPU scaling for my samsung anymore. It was happening before I reinstalled too. I would deselect it, hit apply, and it would reselect again.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2010, 03:04 

BajaPaul: I'm using windows 7 supplied samsung drivers for each of my displays, except 2 match and 1 doesn't. So it's 2 different drivers. Strangely enough the mouseover thing happens on my setup as well, basically my displayport and hdmi ports (on the card) swap places in "desktops and displays" when eyefinity is enabled. No lockups in CCC so far when switching profiles. I have had explorer.exe lockup on me a few times when switching out of my eyefinity profile though.

fatlazyhomer: As far as the GPU scaling getting stuck in the on position.. It's probably a driver bug we are dealing with, and a system restore back to before it was stuck should fix it.

I'm starting to think maybe 2 displays must meet Ati's whole pixel density within 5% deal (in EDID info) with the 3rd being able to be tricked using this method depending on the setup. Trigen is using a pair of benq's, If you look at srtie4k's sig he's using a pair of 2407WFP's and so far as I can tell from the pictures shockabuku as a matching 2 of 3 as well. I've noticed at least on my rig that my motherboard logo only appears on 2 of my displays (HDMI and DisplayPort not DVI). From what BajaPaul is saying and in my case as well.. these same 2 displays switch places in CCC when eyefinity is enabled. This leads me to believe this little trick we've found causes catalyst to literally confuse 2 displays with each other and trick it into seeing 3 identical displays. I'd like to know if anyone else has tried this and failed, if so? On what hardware? If it works also please post your specs.

BajaPaul, Which ports are yours (the 2 that switch places in "desktops and displays") using? Does your motherboard logo or bios screen appear on all 3 of your monitors?

Fatlazyhomer Can you try grouping different combinations of 2 displays? Let us know if any 2 of them will let you enable bezel comp, try switching ports around if you can.. if one isn't showing up in the options.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2010, 06:30 

I'll give it another shot in a few days. I'm not sure if I have system restore turned on though. :lol:

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2010, 19:20 

Have three BENQ monitors, two G2420HDB and one G2420HD. The way with enabling GPU scaling isn't working for me. All I can is enable BM for 2 G2420HDB's when I'm creating a group for only 2 screens. Have no ideas anymore.

I heard in 2011 will be released completely new type of drivers, developed from the scratch, Catalyst 11.X . I hope ATI will enable bezel management with it (or somebody will find way how to enable it with some software "hack").

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010, 21:15 

Fatlazyhomer: This is weird. I can't seem to disable GPU scaling for my samsung anymore. It was happening before I reinstalled too. I would deselect it, hit apply, and it would reselect again.

I had this happen once, I was able to clear it by selection a setting on another tab and then applying it. Then I came back and was able to deselect it. Hope that helps.

Freo, I have two of three displays showing bios screens at boot, 1 is DP, the other is DVI. The other DVI doesn't kick in until Windows Login screen appears.

My BM works good on my pair of 2407's when the 2408 is disabled, but that defeats the purpose.

I had a hell of a time to get 10.5 to install right. I had to delete all ATI stuff and default Windows driver, set up VGA default driver, and then wipe and reboot with CCleaner a couple of times.

Note: Catalyst doesn't set up a restore point on upgrades. I advise to do this manually. nVidia does it. I don't know why ATI doesn't. That should be part of our request on the driver feedback form.

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D27E29B0E3

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2010, 07:59 

I did a clean install once I got my SSD.

I tried the same thing.

No luck.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 16:11 

I got bezel compensation finally working with my Sony Trinitron FW-900 24" CRT and 2 V7 22" LCD monitors. The V7 EDIDs would not flash (probably write protected), so i flashed the EDID on my FW-900 to match the physical size of my LCDs (22" instead of 22.5"). This worked and after rebooting, I created my display group and was able to setup bezel compensation. I'm now currently running 5156x1050 resolution.

Some of you may be wondering why i'm using a CRT with LCDs in my eyefinity setup. My CRT has way better picture than any LCD I've ever seen. Black levels and colors are brilliant (LCDs dont even come close). The LCDs are just used for side viewing, so i didn't care much if the picture quality was as good. It's just for the immersion effect.

Thank you to BlauweTulp for posting how to update the EDIDs. http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18597&start=0

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2011, 10:22 

So this is my first post to these forums and ive been following this thread for the past few days as ive been trying to fix my EDID issue. Tried every way ive read so far with no luck unfortunately, to get bezel comp working. at first i was trying the first method and was going smooth till i got the EEPROM error in powerstrip, then tried reformatting my computer (was an accident) computer wouldnt boot so i ended up having to reinstall W7, anyways, now i was gonna try the other method with using phoenix to read the registry and then make a INF but now its only showing one of my acer monitors, not the envision like i need. the envisions EDID says its a 21.7 and i need it to be 22". formatted another comp for XP and tried the same process with a HD 4xxx series and an Nvidia 9400GT still no luck, that one wouldnt even give the option for the EDID writing. ive tried updating the drivers in device manager, the acers show up but the envision is just a generic PnP and wont change even with the LCD driver from envisions website. my displays are really close without bezel compensation so its bearable but id really like to see how it is with the bezel management on if anyone has any other method to change the EDID or trick the driver into thinking its a 22" instead of 21.7" that doesnt require phoenix or powerstrip please reply :D all in all, i love my new eyefinity setup just wish ati would get their butts in gear and fix this issue, seems alot of people are unhappy about it. especially those of use whos monitor tecnically are the same size its just the edid's that mess everything up

Post subject: Re: Bezel Management
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 06:15 

I been monitoring this forum until now. I have 3 Dells, 24", 1920x1200, 2407WFP (DVI), 2407WFP-HC (DVI), and 2408WFP (DP). I am using Cat 10.5 & W7 64-bit. The above tricks don't work for me to get BM.

I ended up putting my DisplayPort monitor on the far left since when I have a group and I wave my mouse over the display icons on the bottom of Desktop & Displays screen it highlights the proper monitor above? I don't know if this accomplishes anything, is expected, or is just another Catalyst bug! Anybody else notice this being out of sync?

I would ask the people above if they are using the same driver on all 3 monitors? I have the correct driver/actual for each monitor. Is it the Generic Monitor driver for each monitor?

I did notice my 2408WFP driver getting swapped out to Generic as mention by Freo above.

I am also having Cat 10.5 locking up between profile swaps, it works well when I go thru the config changes manually. Anybody else having this problem?

Did you ever get this to work?

Post subject: Bezel Management!
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2011, 20:39 

Never did get bezel management to work with my 3 Dell 24" monitors! Just gave up on it! Eventually I realized it was going to create many problems by blocking out what was written behind the bezels so I dropped chasing it! I have been sending AMD comments on their release notes for about every upgrade I do but seems they pretty much choose to ignore me!

Go to here:

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D27E29B0E3

and post this (my case):

Bezel Management does not work

Please find a way to loosen the EDID size restriction of your Bezel Management feature. I am running three 24” Dell monitors, all at 1920x1200 resolution, a 2407WFP, 2407WFP-HC, and 2408WFP. All of these monitors were purchased at different times as graphics cards advanced. Monitor Asset Manager (MonInfo) shows the EDID size as slightly different between the two 2407’s and the 2408. 520x330 mm versus 520x320 mm. Therefore, I don’t get to do Bezel Management across my three identical looking monitors. It does work with the two 2407’s, but that defeats the purpose! I run a 3x1 setup in portrait mode. There are many other people in a very similar situation. Some people have even tried to overwrite their EDID profiles in their monitors by re-flashing. I really want this feature but don’t want to have to buy two new monitors or attempt to re-flash my existing ones! Please review this software restriction and see if you can implement it differently! It would also be nice if you set a System Restore Point before starting software installation of new drivers!

Intel i7-980x, Asus P6X58D Premium, 6MB Corsair 1600 MHz 7-7-7-20, XFX HD-5870 XXX, Intel 160MB X25-M G2 SSD, WD 300 MB Velociraptor, Triple 24" Dell monitors @ 1920x1200; 2407WFP, 2407WFP-HC, 2408WFP, Windows 7 64-bit.

Option for bezel management does not appear in menu choices!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next