Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 May 2024, 16:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 23:06 

Hi guys, new to this forum and hope you can help me out here, i got 3 19"WS monitors with a resolution of (1440x900) each all of which are VGA, and iam trying to setup eyefinity on my HD5850 without the need of an active displayport adapter which are impossible to get over here, so from what ive read on one of the previous threads here that you can use a DP to vga adapter, the question is will it work with the above mentioned resolution? and keep in mind that all three monitors have VGA only so iam also going to be using dvi to vga adapters for the other two dvi connectors, will that have any effect on the setup??

Thanx guys
appreciate your help here..

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 02:40 
Insiders
Insiders

It should work, it's below the 1920x1200 limit.

EDIT: it's actually 2048x1536.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 07:42 

Thanx suiken for the prompt reply, well i couldn't find a Dp to vga adapter, so decided to go all out and get me 3 new lcd's, so i sold my 19" monitors yesterday and planning on getting three (Dell P2010H) with native displayports in addition to its rotational screen movement, so lets hope that solves my issues...

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 20:13 

Thanx suiken for the prompt reply, well i couldn't find a Dp to vga adapter, so decided to go all out and get me 3 new lcd's, so i sold my 19" monitors yesterday and planning on getting three (Dell P2010H) with native displayports in addition to its rotational screen movement, so lets hope that solves my issues...

Good luck man. Once you go Eyefinity, you'll never go back. I recently changed my setup around and replaced my existing Eyefinity setup (three Samsung 2343BWX) with my previous setup (one large 40" Sharp 1080p monitor) just to see if I'd missed the large 40" vertical space. The 40" was a great setup and filled my field of view really well but I found myself really, I mean *really* missing the extra horizontal Eyefinity view in games (racing, FPS, even top down scrollers like Titan Quest). Everything felt so claustrophobic on the 40" which is a really weird thing to say, but I was really hurting for some extra horizontal FOV in games. So I switched back to my three Samsungs despite a smaller vertical view.

If I had to redo my setup from scratch, I'd probably get a larger triple 25.5" ASUS LCD system. Of course, I'm stuck now because it'll be a cold day in hell before the wife lets me swap out three 23" Samsungs for three larger LCDs. :lol:

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2009, 06:25 

[quote]Thanx suiken for the prompt reply, well i couldn't find a Dp to vga adapter, so decided to go all out and get me 3 new lcd's, so i sold my 19" monitors yesterday and planning on getting three (Dell P2010H) with native displayports in addition to its rotational screen movement, so lets hope that solves my issues...

Good luck man. Once you go Eyefinity, you'll never go back. I recently changed my setup around and replaced my existing Eyefinity setup (three Samsung 2343BWX) with my previous setup (one large 40" Sharp 1080p monitor) just to see if I'd missed the large 40" vertical space. The 40" was a great setup and filled my field of view really well but I found myself really, I mean *really* missing the extra horizontal Eyefinity view in games (racing, FPS, even top down scrollers like Titan Quest). Everything felt so claustrophobic on the 40" which is a really weird thing to say, but I was really hurting for some extra horizontal FOV in games. So I switched back to my three Samsungs despite a smaller vertical view.

If I had to redo my setup from scratch, I'd probably get a larger triple 25.5" ASUS LCD system. Of course, I'm stuck now because it'll be a cold day in hell before the wife lets me swap out three 23" Samsungs for three larger LCDs. :lol:

Thanx, and best of luck with your setup... :cheers