Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 May 2024, 08:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 22:01 

So I've got my 5870 and triple monitor setup complete with active DP adapter and Team Fortress 2 @ 5040x1050 is freakin' sweet.

I loaded up Assassin's Creed after seeing widescreen TH2G screenshots and to my displeasure it only renders about 10% of the left and right screens (this is a known issue apparently). I've got Section 8 and Borderlands as well but they both also suffer from weird FOV issues and don't play properly...

So, is there a list of games anywhere that I can refer to? So far anything using the Source engine is game-on, and from what I understand the UT3 engine should be good to go too (Arkham Asylum, etc.).

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 22:24 

Borderlands works it just needs configuring.

Check [url]http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/11417]

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 22:39 

Borderlands works it just needs configuring.

Check [url]http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/11417]

Ah thank you, I'd been checking but thought it was still an on-going problem with the FOV.

So there's
-TF2, L4D, HL2 (CM!)
-Borderlands
-Batman: AA
-...more?

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 22:41 

for a list of "eyefinity" games
check out the WSGF list of games around here : http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Essential_Games_List (also available on the menu on the left)

anygame which supports TH also supports eyefinity since the only thing that it needs are :
-correct resolution (eg 5040x1050 in your case)
-correct FOV
-correct HUD

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 23:30 
Insiders
Insiders

*cough* I think you mean surround-screen supported games, not "eyefinity supported" games. :roll:

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 03:03 

I can tell you the games that I have tested and work.

Works without needing to make changes

Call of Juarez bound in blood
Crysis
Far cry2
Need for speed Shift
Hawx
Grand Theft Auto 4
Empire Total War
World of warcraft
Left 4 dead
Supreme Commander Forged alliance

Works by making text file changes or using FOV hacks.

Borderlands
Call of Duty World at War
Mirrors edge
Fuel

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 04:16 

*cough* I think you mean surround-screen supported games, not "eyefinity supported" games. :roll:

It's still very new so I didn't assume that every game that works with TH2G would also work with Eyefinity, mainly because I loaded up Assassin's Creed last night and couldn't get it to display 5040x1050 properly even though the game recognized the resolution and I've seen pics elsewhere.

http://www.wegame.com/view/Assassins_Creed_Ultra_HighResolution_5040x1050_2/

But yes, I'll check out the "Widescreen Lists" section that I somehow overlooked earlier!

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 07:04 
Insiders
Insiders

Nice to see new people.. any game that supports surround resolution will work with EF or TH2Go, or whatever else.. the game doesn't need special hardware support just needs to output to a bigger resolution than normal.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 21:01 

No, no, I think he mean "Eyefinity Supported" games!

:P

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 23:38 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]*cough* I think you mean surround-screen supported games, not "eyefinity supported" games. :roll:

No, no, I think he mean "Eyefinity Supported" games!

:P

Seeking to make a distinction at WSGF is counter-productive imho. Sure, you have to state the AMD party line, but fracturing the list sub-divided into EyeFinity specifics is splitting hairs. The only reason why you'd want to deviate from the general WSGF surround-gaming list is if EyeFinity worked in a different manner within the game than other solutions. One would think you'd want to stack EyeFinity up against TH2G and SoftTH instead of pretending it's not going to work within the same limitations. What I'm getting at, is if it works ok in SoftTH and TH2G 99.999% of the time it'll work in EyeFinity. It's a waste of time to make the distinction (other than for AMD marketing purposes which is part of your job :twisted:).

So, when can I buy that EyeFinity6 to put into my surround-projector setup? :wink: