Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: dual 57xx card question:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2009, 16:09 

Hi all, esp to Dave and Sunspot. Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for developing Eyeinfinity - it has the potential to solve my ultra-high resolution monitor issues that have locked me into WinXP as my OS for the last x years.

Couple of questions. I use a pair of IBM T221 ultra high resolution monitors - these were way ahead of their time in 2001 with a single panel resolution of 3840x2400 (9.2MP). I have two of these monitors actively running; right now each monitor takes two 1920x2400 dual-link inputs to fill the panel as a single dual link input does not have enough bandwidth to fill 3840x2400 @ 48Hz.
Obviously, Vista and Win7 broke spanning so without Eyefinity, I'd be stuck with two "virtual monitors" in a single panel/bezel. I'm hoping that Eyefinity will solve these problems.
I plan to buy 2x 57xx or 58xx series cards, with each card driving a T221-DG5 @ 3840x2400 @ 48Hz.

Here are my questions:
1. will an oddball resolution like 1900x2400 be supported by Eyeinfinity? This is specified in the EDID and is recognized by my current GTX260s.

2. Can I create two separate Eyefinity groups, or are we limited to a single group? For me, each group would be (2 x 1920 x 2400) portrait stripes. If so, can these separate groups work across cards, or do all monitors in a given group have to be on a single card? I don't really game on this machine so that's not my primary concern - photoshop is.

3. ICC color management profiles - can a different ICC profile be assigned to each group? I profile my monitors with a color calibrator and each T221 is different.

4. Any other problems running Eyefinity with two 57xx cards? I don't intend to Crossfire or game on this. I know Crossfire doesn't work with this.

Thanks so much - if anyone has who has 2 58xx or 57xx cards and 4 monitors could test whether it's possible to make 2 Eyefinity groups of 2 monitors each, that would be much appreciated!

Yeang Chng