Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2009, 11:32 

Hi

First sorry for my poor english, i am not native speaker (french)

But i read your forums since a long time and i need your wise advices!

I want too a configuration with eyeinfinity, 3 monitors and a good computer for that

My usages are :

Works (i need for office uses 3 monitors (web development, office work ect and i usually work with dual monitors i want now try 3)

Game (the night game like aion, demigod turn by tunr game or rts (warcraft3/starcraft2), and just a bit game like left4dead

And very little : movies (i have a tv for that in another room)
i will not use this computer for photo; video ect.

First i want to try with one 5850 1 go , good choice? or too weak for the 3 monitors?

For my monitors i think about a 28 inch ( the Hanns-G HG281DJ for less than 300 euros)

Its an excellent monitor (i just speak about ratio size/ price )
But bezels are big (3.8) cm

And for the two other monitors (side left and right)
I think about two iiYama ProLite E2607WS-1 for about 310 euros)

all are 16/10 = 1900*1200 because i dont want 1900*100!

But do you think that is a good choice or i can take better for the same price (or less! i cannot spend more than 900 euros for my 3 monitors)

and what kind of cpu do you recommend for this config? i5 750?

Thanks for your futures answers and for this forum (my bible!)

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2009, 18:44 
Insiders
Insiders

I won't answer you about what monitors to buy, I am no expert and the prices will be totally different in europe than here. Just make sure, for EyeFinity, they are all the same size and resolution. Having a larger middle monitor (size wise) then the outer monitors would look very weird. Having different resolutions is not supported yet either. Also, if possible, make usre one of your monitors has a Displayport input if possible, that will save the expense of having to buy an active DP to DVI adaptor (109 euro from here for example)
As for the card, if you can afford it go for the most powerful version. Running 3x1920x1200 is a lot of work (6.9 MegaPixels! A 30" screen is only 4!!) so a powerful card will be required for a lot of games. Myself I am holding out for the x2 and/or 2GB version. having run 3 monitors for a while I know you need the best card/s posible if you want high FPS and AA/AF.
As to the rig, I am not going to upgrade my q9650, there is no real reason. Gaming at such high resolutions is totally GPU bound, not CPU. A 750 as you suggested would be perfectly fine (if I find that I need to upgrade to get a CrossFire mobo I will be using the same CPUas you suggested)

Welcome to WSGF and enjoy the pure awesome that is :triplewide

:)

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2009, 23:33 

Thanks for the answer :)

And for the bezel ?

Do you know what monitor(24-28") have bezel really thin?

I didnt see better that 15 mn ....

Its seems than samsung work for sell new game of monitor with very thin bezel but now, what monitor take?

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2009, 00:16 
Insiders
Insiders

As I said I don't have much idea on the best monitors, I have my 24" Dells and I am happy with them.
But I will say that the combined bezels on mine are 38-39mm and I do not notice them when gaming. So IMO, thin bezels are nice but I would go for which is the better and cheaper screens rather than waste money to get super thin bezels.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2009, 08:33 

As far as CPU goes...core i7 and overclock it to 4.1 or 4.5ghz and ur fine!