Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 13:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 02:13 

It goes by few names but its this thing

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Cables/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=330-5521&dgc=BF&cid=7421&lid=197378&acd=10466193-1225267-u102106t1582920f0fp0c0s558

Anyway I got mine today and did a 3 hour gaming session test.

Pros:
- just plug in and it works
- no input lag introduced going form DP->DVI -> monitor
- no problem at all during testing (like strange black outs, freezing, BSOD etc..)
- can set to all resolution my monitor support
- No need to spend $400+ for a new monitor for DP connection
- unit is well built and high quality. (metal housing)

Cons:
- $$$$ expensive
- needs a USB port to power the thing.
- takes an extra second more than the other native DVI connected monitor during "black outs" (ex. when you are changing resolution or etc..). This is really not a problem and just a very minor nick pick, some other TV or monitor takes the same or longer to "black out" and switch resolution anyway. and it's not like you do it alot.
- extra dongle/box in the back of your pc

In summary this thing works and no problem that I can find. it just works and it introduce no input lag at all. (I'm a fast pace FPS twitch shooter player and I was actually worry about any extra input lag but there is none at all. ) I'm very happy with it.

Here's some pictures

How my case are like before:

After installation

Some input lag comparision (notice they are all the same :)
btw: pictures are taken with a Canon SD780is point and shoot camera (thats the only camera I have, but I lower exposer and did any setting I can to make shutter speed faster). Not sure how accurate it is compared to a DSLR but the fact that those pictures have teh same numbers shows there's no input lag :)

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 02:42 
Insiders
Insiders

Nice one. At least we know that a) it works and b) you can get it world wide (Kabeltje.com in Holland for example).

For a question on another thread, do you still have your TH2Go? Can you run your screens through at 3x1440x900 using the 5870 card?

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16938

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 03:27 

niiiiiice geniv2, ive always wondered how to do this - pretty much covered what i needed to know if whether or not theres input lag, guess not =)

thats cool that u got a bizlink adapter as well, so basically that means dell sells bizlink adapters.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 03:46 

niiiiiice geniv2, ive always wondered how to do this - pretty much covered what i needed to know if whether or not theres input lag, guess not =)

thats cool that u got a bizlink adapter as well, so basically that means dell sells bizlink adapters.

heck are we even sure it's really "bizlink" maybe it's made by someone else and bizlink just slap their name on it.

but who cares as long as the adapter looks like that one it should work :)

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 03:51 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]niiiiiice geniv2, ive always wondered how to do this - pretty much covered what i needed to know if whether or not theres input lag, guess not =)

heck are we even sure it's really "bizlink" maybe it's made by someone else and bizlink just slap their name on it.

It's 100% certain someone is an OEM for this, but no idea who it is, as we've seen at least 3 manufacturer names associated with that adapter alone. Makes me wonder if we can't just buy direct from the OEM in China and cut out the middle man price increase.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 04:07 

[quote][quote]niiiiiice geniv2, ive always wondered how to do this - pretty much covered what i needed to know if whether or not theres input lag, guess not =)

It's 100% certain someone is an OEM for this, but no idea who it is, as we've seen at least 3 manufacturer names associated with that adapter alone. Makes me wonder if we can't just buy direct from the OEM in China and cut out the middle man price increase.

hmmm... since the item is made china (it said so on the packing/box)

I've shop from this chinese place many times and they are pretty good
cheap as hell shipping and no "import tax" (at least to me in USA)

http://www.dealextreme.com/

they take paypal. Maybe you guys can talk to them and get some kinda bulk order going in to them. That is if you guys can find out the chinese OEM that makes it and convince that store to buy a bunch of it to sell to you guys.

btw: I can't test with a Th2G I sold mine prior to receiving my 5870

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 06:01 
Insiders
Insiders

btw: I can't test with a Th2G I sold mine prior to receiving my 5870
Ah I thought that maybe the case, but I couldn't remember if you were a seller or a keeper ;) Cheers anyway.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 06:19 
Editors
Editors

Yay my 5870 is due in today!

What timer did you use, I am skeptical that the 2408 monitor I have has lag to it so I want to see how it does vs the 2407's next to it.

Im still going to be down for 3 more days before I can try anything out as I am waiting for parts for my build.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2009, 09:08 

Perfect, now I can sleep at night!!!
Thanks for the shots, geniv2!

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2009, 14:35 

Yay my 5870 is due in today!

What timer did you use, I am skeptical that the 2408 monitor I have has lag to it so I want to see how it does vs the 2407's next to it.

Im still going to be down for 3 more days before I can try anything out as I am waiting for parts for my build.

http://www.flatpanels.dk/monitortest_inputlag_dk.php