Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 06:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ah, the delight...
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 13:38 

...of for once coming up to my next upgrade just at the right time!

These look very interesting indeed, particularly the 6 output version. have wondered for a good while now why nVidia hasn't embraced the multi-screen gaming area directly rather than sitting back just happy to be the card manufacturer of choice for a Matrox solution - looks like ATI snuck up and passed them on this one. Anyone heard any nVidia comeback rumors...?

What about any resolution limits to each of those 6 outputs on the ATI card? What about connecting just one of those outputs to a TH2Go... :shock:

I'm currently running 3 x 19" via a TH2Go and 1 x 24" via my venerable 8800GTX.

Thinking of possibly getting 3 U2410s to partner one of these new cards (and the rest of the system) but still use the other 24" and the 3 x 19" as well (yeah, I know :D )... (either via the TH2Go) or via a second card.

Anyone tried an nVidia card and an ATI card together under Windows 7? Do they play nicely? If not then the GTX will get relegated to the outgoing machine and I'll stick a cheaper ATi card in there as well (possibly)...

Post subject: Re: Ah, the delight...
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 14:31 
Editors
Editors

What about any resolution limits to each of those 6 outputs on the ATI card? What about connecting just one of those outputs to a TH2Go... :shock:

I suspect (although I don't know for sure) that the max res on each of those displayport connections will be something like 2560x1600...

Post subject: Re: Ah, the delight...
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 17:38 

[quote]What about any resolution limits to each of those 6 outputs on the ATI card? What about connecting just one of those outputs to a TH2Go... :shock:

I suspect (although I don't know for sure) that the max res on each of those displayport connections will be something like 2560x1600...
didn't they say that 120Hz was supported ?
if 1680x1050@120Hz is supported then I wonder what would limit max res to this (since it wouldn't be a question of bandwith)

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 22:20 

we will find out soon, review will be popping up all over, guru3d will have their review posted tommorrow the 23rd, they have this 11 second video hehe. http://www.guru3d.com/news/tomorrow-23rd-of-september-2009/

im pretty sure its not the 6 connector card tho.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 01:54 

The 6 mini-DP output.... I suspect will not support DL-DVI or VGA ouptut, therefore negating the possibility of using TH2Go analog or digital (non-DP). But should be possible with the DP editions..

However in the 5870 specs.. I could be wrong but it seems, it is possible for 2 VGA outputs, 2 HDMI/DL-DVI/DP combo, and 2 DPs..

(according to Toms HW)