Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 09:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009, 12:23 

When i have less troubles with this i am in.
I began to hate my TH2GO and the bugs.
I have a TH2GO/280GTX combo and i cant play FSX anymore.

cu
chriz

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009, 14:14 

i would like to say that if this is what i think it is. Because the card has so many connectors for monitors, we all know you could technically connect all of them, for a 5800 series the pictures of the current card you can plug in 5 monitors. so you could have 5 monitors expand all the way across in windows. but cant in 3d apps, well it would make sense to unlock that allowing you to use 3 monitors in 3d apps over 3 outputs. allowing you to use the full resolutions of the cards capabilities which is huge. if this tech is what i think it is.. ill buy two no problem, just to boost performance. then we wont have to spend $300 for the middle man anymore and that 300 could go to the graphic card or something else of epicness for our gaming pleasures 8)

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009, 02:46 
Insiders
Insiders

I'll be in with bells on for my first ATi card if I can run 3x1920x1200 and use Win 7... no way I am going to Win7/Vista with NV/TH2Go until they sort the driver problems.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009, 07:44 

how can u have so many outputs on the back of the card?

even a dual slot card u need 1 slot for the air vent and the other slot u can't possibly fit 3 hdmi but definitely not 3 dvi

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009, 08:15 

ATI and other brand cards already use proprietary connector to 2+ dvi/hdmi/whatever, like for example on their workstation cards to have a low profile card with 4 outputs.

I have one here from HP that's a 8400GS with 2 outputs with a 1 connector/2svga outputs dongle.

You have the 1st slot with 2 outputs each with a Y dongle to 2 dvi or whatever you want.

Since the connector on the card is proprietary/custom to the card you can make it to dual dual-link dvi outputs if you want.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009, 10:29 

Or you could stop speculating on what the cards will have, and look at the leaked photo's that have been up on the net for over a couple of weeks now :P

This is believed to be the new 5850 as it uses a smaller cooler compared to the leaked photo of the 5870.. As you can see it has 2x DVI ports, 1x HDMI and 1x Display port.

http://www.chiphell.com/2009/0820/99.html

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009, 18:29 

Personnally I try to ignore such leaks. That small fan vent breaks any possibility of the cooler not being a dust-buster level ear-bleeder.

Besides, prototypes and tech. samples are not necessarly same as the final product.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2009, 01:37 

I'm wondering about what connection they are planning to use. HDMI? Display-port? Currently DVI is the resolution bottleneck, so for 3x2560x1600 something has to be different.

Right now is possible to play some games at 3x2560x1600 with SoftTh, and is possible to run 2x5040x1050 (vert span). A driver enabled solution can be far better for games than tweaked directx libraries like SoftTh (especially if also works with multigpu, wich SoftTh cannot).

If it can manage 3x2560x1600 I´m in, but I´ll wait for nvidia´s response.

ATI and other brand cards already use proprietary connector to 2+ dvi/hdmi/whatever, like for example on their workstation cards to have a low profile card with 4 outputs.

Four outputs doesn´t neccessary means that all four outputs can be 3D accelerated.

It´s not only a connector thing, but also a driver thing.

Or you could stop speculating on what the cards will have, and look at the leaked photo's that have been up on the net for over a couple of weeks now

Some older (ati) cards had four connectors and didn´t allow 3D acceleration in more than one output. And 295gtx doesn´t allow for 3D in all three outputs. So the only thing we really have for now is a cool spec name ´Eyefinity´ and some speculation.

We don´t know how good will be the support and many more related things about it: all games, most games, only a few patched ones, only sims, support ala SLI profiles, universal support ala th2go, ...

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2009, 03:51 
Insiders
Insiders

Personnally I try to ignore such leaks. That small fan vent breaks any possibility of the cooler not being a dust-buster level ear-bleeder.

Besides, prototypes and tech. samples are not necessarly same as the final product.
Yeah the ATi cards I have heard are loud, still if it is good I'll pay the extra for after market cooling, like on my GTX280s now :)

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2009, 09:55 

My 8800's and I think same goes for 9800's and gtx x's the coolers are just about silent.

I'd rather pay a company that designs proper instead of buying an after market cooler I can't use when I replace the card, and with gpus being the part you replace most often, it's tiresome.

I went from ati to nvidia for the noise and buggy drivers. I got rid of the former for the most part, no such luck with the latter.

So far I've only found 1 game that would need me to upgrade the cards, and then only to up detail a little (gta4). I'm gonna wait till both (perhaps 3) sides have their cards out, then maybe I can get a decent 2gb gpu or something.

Just wish they'd stop wasting designs on the x2 models.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next